From Brit to Liza, Fur Flies for Femmes

12/4/2007 4:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Looks like some celebs still aren't hiding from wearing a dead animal -- in the name of fashion.

Even as the anti-fur movement gets more vociferous, TMZ -- in just one weekend -- spotted Britney Spears, Liza Minnelli, Eve, Mary J. Blige, Sharon Stone and even Madonna fur-nished with all manner of fur-ish coats. We're told that Britney proudly took her shagerrific (and very real fur) coat at her birthday party in Bel Air.

PETA, as ever, took Liza to task for her outerwear, telling TMZ in a statement that it "hopes that Liza, who abstained from fur for years, gets back on the wagon of compassion." As for Sharon Stone, the anti-fur brigade was less charitable, saying, "Put your fur coat away, Sharon."

Reps for Eve, Sharon Stone, Liza and Madonna haven't yet gotten back to us about the provenance of their clients' coats.

One notable exception -- Sarah Jessica Parker, wearing a lovely Star Wars-esque fur coat, usually, we're told, wears fake fur.
Click to see: Fur or Faux?

DARK MEAT ONLY

Mary J Blidge has no class. She should take her camel face butt back to Yonkers. How can Mary J. stand wearing the soul of a dead animal on her back while she singing about universal love with Bono? The nerve of this get-it-girl woman, I believe Mary is just a merchandising pimp that's why she is dressing like one.

JennyP.

You PETA nimdimrods are nothing more than a bunch of brainwashed antisocial neurotic losers. Telling people to spray paint on fur coat wearers, you do realize they have insurance on the coats and will get either money or a new coat? Using violence, intimidation and also being oddly sexist since you prey on women and their fear of what people think of them--does nothing more but help make the public HATE you losers--which the vast majority does.. we hate PETA and all the other extremist animal rights groups. I hope that you or your loved ones don't contract a crippling or fatal disease and suffer because you all are the ones who have put medical research back years because of your harassment and terrorism against the medical research community. You all should be ashamed. And you young people who are falling for their bogus brainwashing--grow up and educate yourselves, quit falling for their ridiculous and irrational propaganda.... it's all a load of BS and all these organizations do is make money off of you, and do nothing to help animals.

Hollywood's a Hazard

Sharon Stone Looks like Cruella Deville in that coat.

aSiF

Jonah - well put. Let's here your view on Greenpeace and Global Warming. Seriously, I think your on point!

Amy

Also... my hard earned money will never go to a company's products who has a celeb that wears fur. I will never buy Britney's, Eve, MJB album's or go watch Sharon Stone movie.

Company's take note of that !!!

sublime

Janice, you have got to be the biggest moron I've ever encountered on this site. Animals raised for fur are not pampered in any way. They are crammed in tiny cages and killed in the most cost-effective way possible, nothing humane about it. Its all about profits. I don't know where you got your info, unless you are just trying to stir up trouble. And all you idiots mouthing off about "well if you wear leather you're a hypocrite"....uh.....no. You see, as long as our society has an insatiable appetite for beef, there will always be leather as a byproduct. In the fur industry, animals are killed JUST FOR THEIR FUR. Just to make some stupid tacky jacket. If you cannot see the difference, there is no hope for you. I am not some kind of animal rights extremist, and do not particularly support PETA, but there is no reason to wear fur except for stupidity and vanity. Wearing it just makes you look like an uneducated numbskull.

Gia

Right you are Sublime. Perhaps Janice and all the other morons who think this is no big deal should watch a video of an animal being skinned alive- all so that these brainless "celebrities" can look like two bit whores. (And that IS what you look like "ladies", people aren't staring because you look hot)

MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ BEFORE YOU COMMENT:

lilarose:

I dare any body to walk up behind me and spray my coat with red paint. I have something for that person and believe me it's not hello.

kim

IF ANYONE CAN WATCH THESE VIDEOS AND STILL WEAR FUR AND THINK IT'S OK, THEN YOU HAVE A SERIOUS MENTAL COLDNESS AND I PERSONALLY WOULD NEVER WANT TO SOCIALIZE WITH MORONS LIKE YOU. BUT OF COURSE DO AS YOU WISH.

sandy

these are mostly washed-up "celebrities" still doing anything provocative to get attention, but nobody ever accused any of these losers of being humanitarians! being a celebrity is not even a good thing anymore.

Baseball Junkie

You go, Jonah. You got it right. These anti-fur idiots have no idea what the real world is about. I doubt any of them have a real job between them and by real I mean producing useful, necessary goods or helping other people in fields like medicine or police, etc. They're just wannabes who think that screaming about the rights of animals makes them important or something.
And now, I bet a lot of them are going to come on posting about their important and useful jobs and I'm not going to believe a damn one of them.

sublime

shut up leatherwearer. I don't have to explain my career to you, but I will guarantee you that I am college educated and successful. Most of the people who wear fur are NOT. They are the type of lamebrains who idolize these dumb hip hop stars, many who wear fur as a status symbol to show they can fling money around. Why do you feel so threatened if someone loves animals and doesn't want to see them mutilated and tortured? I am not a "wannabe" anything. I don't force my views upon anyone, or yell at people for eating meat. I would never throw paint on someone's fur coat, although I might laugh at you for looking like a big slutted up sasquatch. The fact is that there are 2 types of people who wear fur. One is extremely stupid and doesn't even realize the cruelty involved. The second is extremely coldhearted and knows where it comes from, but is unaffected.

girltalk

Let's see... what fur coat will I wear today, Mink, Chincilla, Otter, Faux. Hmmm...So many choices so little time.

R.Zimmerman

Look at what we're working with here. Would anyone in their right mind expect any of these idiots to act with sense or style? Trash, trash, and more trash.

Baseball Junkie

Sublime, you say you don't have to but you did anyway. Thanks for proving my point. And, no, I still don't believe you. Anyone can claim to be college educated and have a good career but people with a good college education don't fall for propaganda. It's obvious which category you fall into.