Alex Trebek Suffers Heart Attack

12/11/2007 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that "Jeopardy!" host Alex Trebek has suffered a heart attack. I'll take medical emergencies for $1000!

A rep for the show confirms to TMZ the 67-year-old host had a minor heart attack but is "resting comfortably." We're told he will be back in the studio for the show's next scheduled tapings in January.

Trebek, who was born Giorgi Suka-Alex Trebek, has been the host of "Jeopardy!" since September of 1984.

bubba

It's good to know his life isn't in "Jeopardy". Ok, I'm done.

ME

I'M A LIBTARD CANADIAN.

coro

Have a quick recovery an get back to your program.

ME

HE DEAD AT 11:35 A.M. AT CEDARS CYANIDE. OVERDOSE OF HEPARIN.

RIP

Iris

Alex and family, You are the Best and the Best needs to rest and come back soon!!!

Andy

I had tickets to the Jeopardy taping this afternoon (Tuesday) and they left me a message that it was canceled! Didn't say why...

So I guess Alex will do anything to avoid me!

Get well soon Mr. Trebek!

Standards are badly needed.

I'm glad this game show icon gets a second chance. He's a class act, Canadian, and I hope he experiences a full recovery and does the show for many, many more years.

Kitty

I'm sorry, comments to this post must be in the form of a question.

Love you, Alex! Get better!!!

Democrats are evil

Life is short, you should always be prepared that today may be your last day.
If you are an atheist and you believe that when it's over, it's over. Then guess what? For you, IT'S OVER, for those that believe in me, be assured that living does not end there. Have a nice day and get well Alex.

Lee

This is the first time that I've seen that the majority of the comments on TMZ are positive! Alex Trebek - you're one hell of a guy to cause this rush of good will! Get well soon, buddy!

windy

WHOSE HE?

Lee

Andy - no need to be paranoid about the whole thing. I'm sure he didn't stage this entire ordeal just to get away from you. Hmmm....or did he?

Standards are badly needed.

2:45 PM and 2:48 PM is a sick individual who trolls for other's misfortunes.

citizensteve

it's encouraging to see the fine and reputable people of TMZ make a joke from someone having a heart attack. keep up the low-life, thoughtless, jackass work you're doing. in a holiday season where we should especially be mindful of the fragility of life and how we should respect it, you at TMZ have no heart, no mind, no matter of judgement as to what you should rightly do. may you find some kind of understanding and use!!!!

Laughing at you

God Bless, Alex!! Get well soon and we are all rooting for you. Hurry back. Love ya.