"Thirtysomething" Star Divorcing

12/11/2007 8:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

After nearly 20 years of marriage, "Thirtysomething" star Timothy Busfield and his second wife, Jennifer Merwin, are divorcing.
Click to read documents!
Merwin filed papers in Los Angeles Superior Court citing irreconcilable differences. She is seeking joint legal custody and physical custody of their minor son, Samuel, as well as, spousal support and payment for legal fees. The couple married in 1988 and also have an adult daughter, Daisy.

Best known for playing Elliot Weston on the '80s yuppie drama "Thirtysomething," Busfield also starred on "The West Wing" and "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip."

rrogers

I agree with the other comments stating "Who Cares?" I could not imagine me marrying a pasty-pale ass man like that even in my nightmares!

Eddy C.

How and why is this news. I'm sure most people don't even know who these people are and for those that do, do THEY even care??

wqadeuce

nerds, now maybe he can play his electric violin in piece, or better yet finally see the baseball people

Mike

That's sad, and I feel bad for the both of them. But this is not exactly something that deserves to be made public. It's none of our business.

Harry Asmen

I almost couldnt smoke my blunt after readng this sad story !

twogolfcats

So whats new in Hollywood- Give a marriage there a year or two, and bingo, they split for a new bed partner--Thats what "Stars" live for- bed hopping with each other!!!

martan

one more lalaland day in Fairyland, Hollywood .. what is the big deal? They will remarry in a year, if not sooner. AOL - tHIS IS NEWS, WHY?

Kevin

Who Cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let sleeping bodies rest in peace...........

So sorry to hear. I hope Bucky is there to give you support.

Wayne

BIG EFFING DEAL. SO, WHAT ELSE IS NEW WITH THOSE PHONIES IN HOLLYWOOD. THE LOVE OF MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL. WHERE ELSE CAN THE PUBLIC FIND 'DIRTY' EVEL? SHAME, SHAME, SHAME.....WHOOPTEEDO!!!!!

bettsblu

PEOPLE IN HOLLYWOOD NO DIFFERENT THAN THE REST OF US--GUESS THEY JUST OUTGROW EACH OTHER--AND THINK GRASS IS GREENER ELSEWHERE--BUT USUALLY ISN`T.

Teresa

To all of you, who "DON"T CARE" why did you even navigate to this head line and read it?

A normal person...reads a banner or tag line and if it peeks their curiosity, they proceed to the story and read it...if not they move along.

An abnormal person...reads a banner or tag line they could care less about, go to the story, read it (or not) and then BITCH about it... because they like to see their name in print.

sweetlilblueboy

maybe it would be more interesting to report on 'good' marriages...long ones, that last in hollywood...perhaps there just might be a role model or two in the group.....not newsworthy enough, tmz???

Denis

Hey, life's a bitch

Jeanne

what could be so bad after 20 years that they couldnt hang in and work it out? I was married 22 years and HAD to finally call it quits when the dirt bag had the family name in the news paper and the kids being taunted in school for the garbage their dad "alledgedly" did. Sometimes you hang in there but there is time when enough is enough. Been there, done that!..... Unfortunately so sad, but so true. My question is, why do these people get headline news for a 19 year marraige going down the drain? It happens everyday to everyday people. May they both find happiness in their futures, like I did.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments