B2K Singer Recants Rape Allegations

12/27/2007 1:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Last week, he said his former manager sexually abused him, but today, B2K's Demario "Raz B" Thorton is saying he made the whole thing up.

In a statement posted on YouTube, Thorton apologizes for the accusations he made about Chris Stokes, saying the allegations of improper touching and molestation were "not true."

UPDATE: In reponse to Thorton's new statement, Chris Stokes tells TMZ, "I'm happy that Demario "Raz B" Thorton and Ricardo Thorton realized their mistakes and admitted to lying. I have always supported my family and have always been a stand up person. I knew that the truth would eventually come to light."

Alexis

Wow anybody with common sense can clearly hear the person in the background feeding him the lines. If you listen clearly someone is saying “No, no, no not financially.” And they also told him to say “With Chris Stokes.” It is sad that no one is realizing this. He has no money and Chris has powerful lawyers duh common sense. This was by far the worst apology I ever seen. He could not even look at the camera.

It is sad how we as society see him as a liar instead of a victim. This video sadly shows the power molesters have over their victims. Especially when it comes to money and this is sadly the case. Good money comes with THE BEST LAWYERS and you better believe they were pulling everything out the book to throw at him. Especially since he released the tapes with Houston father and sister on the phone without their permission something we may have never thought of. But this entire video is sad.

THIS IS THE BEST GOSSIP STORY TO FOLLOW RIGHT NOW!

Check out Bossip.com. They have an exclusive update on this story. Raz B was threatened by gang members who were paid by the molestor. Raz B's brother (also seen in the initial "leaked" video) maintains that the molestation DID happen. He called into a bay are radio station (check out Perez Hilton's permalink to this story--the comments have lots of info w details that sound credible) frantic, saying that Raz made the video at gunpoint. He went on to say that Raz has been missing for two days also. This is really sad. That boy was not lying. Who would do that? The molestor can be heard on the tape saying "I'm not like that anymore," or something similar. Doesn't that show some guilt?

Lisha

THERE IS NO WAY A MAN IS GOING TO LIE ABOUT LOOSING HIS MAN HOOD IN THIS WAY... I believe someone got paid off, or some type of threat was made. I don't believe for a minute that he was lying. I do believe ASS HOLE Chris Stokes is lying though, he is a professional Liar.

Virtue

Raz B recanted his statements because he recorded all parties involved without their knowledge. That is a federal crime, and he would be facing serious time, especially if they have high powered attorneys who will bury you with that charge. Raz B is screwed because of this, and now he cant use the evidence against Chris Stokes. Yo, the man is guilty...and his lawyers are doing what they are paid to do, not reveal the truth!

Virtue

Gabbi

No. 21, "these people" what do you mean by that exactly?

I think that he was forced to change his story. It's obvious.

Standards are badly needed.

23. sorry, but i bet this guy was threatened to recant. think about it.

Posted at 1:07PM on Dec 27th 2007 by suge knight syndrome
==================================================
Now THAT's a scary thought, and a very mysterious 'recant' on Raz B's part. This kid may need help.

miseri

they said that raz b was forced to read that statement and that chris stokes got some bloods to grip him up.. Raz b's brother is sticking by his statements he made

Mary

I don't believe this recantation for a minute. He apperars scared and forced. I feel very sorry for the Thortons brothers.

Bunnyrabbit

HE was clearly threatened and if it were not true whe would his brother stick to thestory! I think some of you are missing that people take stuff like this to there grave and expecially an african american male who knows the stigma attach that why you rarly if ever here them admit to something like that. And in Raz B case, he is going against some one who is powerful and rich with loads of resources behind him and that would motivate anyone to try to turn back the clock. But he cant, because most of us can see the truth. If you look at the video it is very honest in the way they speak about there experience versus the apology wich looks like my 12 year old son making a forced apology to his little sister. HE DOES NOT MEAN IT!

Dec 27 2007 2:03 PM EST

Raz-B Retracts Abuse Allegations Against Former B2K Manager In New VideoComments 2
Rating 100%
Rate this article
Thumbs upThumbs downSend to Friend
Singer apologizes for accusations, but older brother Ricardo Thornton still stands by his original story.
By Gil Kaufman

Del.icio.us Digg Newsvine Send to Friend Print You Tell Us

A day after former B2K manager Chris Stokes vehemently denied allegations that he sexually molested former members of the boy band while serving as their manager, his accuser, former B2K member DeMario "Raz-B" Thornton, has apologized. In a 30-second video posted on YouTube on Wednesday, Thornton stands outside on a city street and recants the sordid accusations he and older brother Ricardo "Ricky Romantic" Thornton had made in a pair of videos that circulated over the weekend.

"This is DeMario Thornton, publicly known as Raz-B of B2K," a solemn-looking Thornton tells the camera in the video, called "The Truth About Chris Stokes B2K Part 3." "I would like to send a public apology for some tapes that were leaked without my authority. I just want to say that those allegations are not true ... with Chris Stokes and Marques Houston, and I apologize for any hurt this may have caused publicly [or] financially."

Stokes reacted to the new video in a statement released Thursday (December 27) morning. "I'm happy that DeMario 'Raz-B' Thornton and Ricardo Thornton realized their mistakes and admitted to lying," he said. "I have always supported my family and have always been a stand-up person. I knew that the truth would eventually come to light."

Thornton's abrupt turn-around came just hours after Stokes told MTV News that the allegations were false. His denials were seconded by another former B2K member, Omarion.

"I'm not gay. And I'm married. And I have four kids. I been with my wife for 16 years," Stokes told MTV in an exclusive interview. "And I'm not a child molester. So those are all false allegations. I'm gonna sue them. And I owe that to my wife and kids, period. It's ridiculous."

The truce between Raz and Stokes doesn't appear to have been extended to Ricardo. After MTV reported on the apology, Ricardo told MTV News that he stands by all the original allegations and is not recanting his story. He said he hasn't spoken to his younger brother in more than a day — which he said was unusual for the siblings #8212; and predicted that Raz will "come back around," suggesting that the apology might not have been his brother's idea.

kc

Actually the new development is that He was FORCED to make that statement by some low life thugs that Chris Stokes somehow knows. Raz-B's brother made a statement that he is now missing and hasnt been seen in 2 days. You can read it all on Bossip.com

reese

HE IS EITHER SCARED OR CHRIS STOKES PAID HIM OFF,IF NOT HE NEEDS TO GET HIS STORY STRAIGHT AND STOP FABRICATING THESE ALLEGATIONS!I DONT KNOW WHAT TO BELEIVE!!

kim

If he lied about i wish him the worst. If he is telling the truth I hope Chris & all the low lifes who are supposedly threating this boy are killed in a very painful, slow death!

Lisa

How much was he paid to 'recant'? Or was he threatened with harm? Chris Stokes is a fool if he thinks we don't all smell a rat.

Elvis