Rebecca De Mornay Charged with DUI

12/27/2007 8:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Risky Business" beauty Rebecca De Mornay was charged today by the L.A District Attorney's office with two counts of misdemeanor driving under the influence, stemming from her October 30 arrest. See, driving under the influence isn't just for the youngsters!
Rebecca Demornay
Cops pulled over the 48-year-old actress on Sunset Blvd. on the night before Halloween. During the stop, cops told TMZ they "immediately detected an odor of alcoholic beverages." They told us De Mornay was asked to perform several field sobriety tests, which she failed.

Click to launch!Police say her blood alcohol level was .09, just over the legal limit. She was cited and released from the Beverly Hills police station.

De Mornay will be arraigned on December 31, but she does not have to appear.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Donald Drewry

I hope this celebrity does not make the same mistake that Parris Hilton and so many others have done by hiring an attorney that just pleads them out causing future problems. The breath machines used in DUI cases all margins of error of at least 0.02% which means she could be a 0.11% or 0.07%, and the police 99% of the time administer the field sobriety tests incorrectly and then say you failed. Ms. Rebecca De Mornay should hire a qualified DUI attorney, and if she were to call my office I would recommend the best person in the LA area Vince Tucci.

sickofthisstuff

This is getting ridiculous, every week it's another bimbo.

ny chic

i live on LI, ny and 15 mos ago i was pulled over by a cop that i was talking to for 15 mins before, in a 7-11 while buying a coffee..when i pulled out of the parking lot the coffee spilled on my leg and i swerved. well, the lights went on and i was pulled over by the same cop..he asked if i was drinking and i told him i had a guiness about an hour ago with dinner, i then said to him, we just spoke in the store, if you thought i was drunk why did you let me put keys in my car and drive off..i blew .08 the legal limit, i asked if i could have a friend come get me and he said no. and also said too bad it wasn't six months earlier, the legal limit was .10..i totally lost my license and was put on probation for 3 years..ny cops have a zero tolerance, if it were in a different county my car would have been impounded, but now our county instated that law in my county 2 weeks after my dui...anytime i felt i had too much to drink i always got a ride home, but this was rediculous..so learn people 1 beer an hour before being pulled over and off to jail you go....obviously ca. doesn't take this seriously and i was detained for 26 hours..in need of meds i take daily and the officers just ignored my requests to contact my dr...whatever...sorry so long..hopefully people will learn that just one beer can land u in the can...happy new year

goodsoul

Who doesn't drink and drive out there what a nonstory. Build a metro that works people. Besides what's the big deal? If the kids killed by drunken drivers had the same genes as their mothers that formed MADD we are better off without them and should encourage drunks to drive over any other kids they might have.

John

I don't get why this is big news!!!! If this is so important they should list everyone who gets charged with a DUI!!!! Times must be pretty lame if this is big news!!!!

Everyone makes mistakes, actors are people too!!!

Some reporters need to get a life!!!!

SeattleGuy

@ MyGoodness - Does anyone NOT drink and drive in freakin' Hollywood????????

That's not the best question, the question is why does Hollywood have better enforcement that most other towns?

Nice guy

48 Years old ... and legally drunk behind the wheel ... I hope she gets jail time. At her age, only jail time will work for her. I know she is rich and pretty and those types always get off ... but only in Hollywood. Again, I hope for jail time for the common good of the people in that area.

RON

If there was a child under the age of 18 riding with her, she can get TWO DII'S, One for her one for the child. She was barely over the limit. people need to learn what their BAC is.

Go with the Flow!

Driving while drunk is a fatal attraction from cops, IDIOT!

CHAZ GOODMAN

NO ONE SHOULD DRINK AND DRIVE, NO MATTER WHO THEY ARE. SO, I GUESS SHE HAD TO GET ON CAMERA SOMEHOW. IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE WE'VE SEEN HER. SHE WAS SO GORGEOUS 15-20 YRS AGO.

Tee Hee

Tsk, Tsk, yet another WHITE celebrity drinking and driving. Would rather be a blinged out, gun toting, rapper/black american than to be a dumbass wood and get behind the wheel of a car after drinking myself into a pissy stupor. At least rappers/black americans have the brain capacity to hire a driver......

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7