Chris Brown's Next Tour Stop -- Court!

1/3/2008 1:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

R&B superstar Chris Brown is touring all over the country, but the guy who designed his sets says the "Kiss Kiss" singer forgot one destination -- the bank!
Read the lawsuit
In a lawsuit filed in federal court on Christmas Eve, John Troxtel -- who has designed concert sets for Eminem, Snoop Dogg and Michael Jackson -- says he was paid for some of his design work, but "extra work was required and requested." Troxtel alleges that an oral agreement was reached but when it came to time to collect, the touring company refused.

Troxtel is suing for breach of contract and unjust enrichment and is seeking damages in excess of $1,000,000. Calls to Brown's reps were not immediately returned.

notkissinadogthatlicksbutt

This world is sue-happy!

shirliana

CHRIS - HOW COME U DON'T COME DOWN TO TAMPA FOR A CONCERT... you are the BEST AND THE BEST... I AM SURE THAT ALL THE TAMPA BAY AREA WILL GET INVOLVED.....I HEARD YOU WERE IN MIAMI AND U HAVE SOME GOOD MOVES... THINK ABOUT IT...

NOT an ATV

Hate it for that guy, but if all he had was someone's "word," he can't enforce that! Oral contracts are worthless in the business world.

babsido

shame, but doesn't he have someone who handles his finances?

www.myspace.com/babsido

brown&brown

TROXLEL IS THE ASS.. HE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN HIS MONEY UP FRONT.PUT THE LAW SUIT MAKE BETTER NEWS.THIS MAN IS IN THIS BUSINESS FOR MANY YEARS. HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING. CHRIS KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DOING. YOU JUST GOT YOUR FIRST HATER.

College Grad

@Tired of it all

Leave it to you to try and turn this into something racial. It's just a stupid company name. I'm sick of people complaining about racism and Al Sharpton, when they are the ones who constantly bring them up! Get over it 99% of the time it's not even black people complaining, it some other race trying to point something out b/c they think blacks will.....It's 2008 move on with it! =)

me...

i doubt this whole issue is even chris's fualt..heesss soooo finnee!!

does anyone know if hes in a relationship??? i heard about rihanna, and the older woman that he got pregnant, but those arent true..so does any one know the TRUTH??

chris`z wifey

#8

no sweetie he is not with anyone rite now he`s perfectly single =]

Democrats are evil

Hey College Grad. Are you happy that TMZ deleted my post. All you have to do is look at the legal affidavit where the name of the business is in Big Bold Letters. Let all say it out loud. "Red Monkey Pictures". Yet you have the nerve to call me a racist. I'll tell you who I really hate. Stupid people like you. Read this quick before TMZ deletes it. The morons that they are.

Vicki_22

I think it is unfair! It wuz CBE's responsibility to pay Troxtel, so they
should be the only ones getting sued. And plus Troxtel is a
professional, so wouldnt he be smart enough to get the money upfront?
I jus think he planned it all. Things just aint adding up right. But i
know Chris will do the right thing and he can get through this. I just
hate that his holidays had to be ruined because of something such as
that. But life isnt always fair. But he is a strong independent black
man and i know he can get through this. I jus hope the future concerts wont have to
be canceled because i wuz really looking foward to seing him for the
very first time. But i wish the best of luck to him and i just want
him to know that he'll be in my prayers!! Love You Chris!!! :)

ASF

Yes, Chris is going to have to be careful now. Mo money, mo problems. Why would anyone do 1/2 million dollars worth of work on a verbal agreement only??? Truth is, this young man is so all around talented that he doesn't need all that techno
mess to entertain. His voice, dancing, and personality would have been all he needed on that stage.

College Grad

@Tired of it all
Actually you're the one that's lacking the intelligence not me. I can read actually and i saw the name of the company, but I can look at the name of the company and it doesn't bring any kind of racist thought in my head. Obviously, you do not have this kind of intelligence because you want to turn it into something racial. I don't identify myself or my race as monkeys so it doesn't affect me. You should really get out more, every post you have on TMZ is usually something ignorant or racist. GROW UP!

q

to me it doesnt look like mr. troxel will win, cause technically chris didnt use anything he made so it isnt a breach of contract...but if we all know what is going to happen with this case as im sure you all do! Chris is gonna just pay the $1,000,000...its not like he dont got it!

Jazmine

I love u chris.and your movie this christmas is great I love it. that man is just a hater.Love ya chris

princess of cleveland