David Spade -- Just Shoot Me ... With Some Meds!

1/7/2008 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A rumor has been floating around that David Spade had a heart attack after collapsing in his gym. But TMZ has learned it is not true -- though Dave isn't exactly in fighting shape, either.

Sources tell TMZ that Spade has been fighting severe bronchitis and a sinus infection over the past week, and was on the road for three gigs during his illness. When he returned to L.A. yesterday, Spade decided to go to the gym to work out, but collapsed after an adverse reaction to antibiotics. He was taken to the hospital and put on an IV, and is now resting at home and on the mend.

ruf

Isn't he dating Gary Coleman now?

jules

Love him. He is a funny Muther. Get Well Dave and we will be looking to see you soon. Bue-bye.

interested bystander

Did he pass out before or after he found out he was going to be a father?

Ha Ha

I'm suffering from the same thing right now, and the last thing I could do right now is work out because I'm coughing too much. My abs hurt everytime I cough. There's my ab workout, I guess. My Zithromax needs to kick in soon.

Maxine

Glad to know he is ok.

LTS

Adverse reaction to antibiotics. Hmmm. Yes, like that happens everyday. Most folks in their 40's are aware of allergies to antibiotics. File this one under "U" for unlikely.

jbird

Gee! Lift weight with sinus infection, and feel like your heads about to explode with pressure. Who'd have thunk it?!

PistolPackinBarbie

I was just hospitalized on Saturday when I broke out into hives from taking amoxicillin. I spent 5 hours in ER before they let me go home. I didn’t need the IV though. I’m guessing it’s probably for treating his hypoglycemia.
Get well soon David! Can’t wait to see you in Vegas!

Cathy

That's why I stopped going to the gym. I'm convinced that is where I picked up the worst cold of my life. It is full of germs from careless sick people who should have stayed home instead of spreading their illnesses.

Rhonda

DAVID YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE ANY HEALTH PROBLEMS!!!
YOUR TOO YOUNG AND TOO WEIRD TO HAVE ANY PROBLEMS!!!
GET A EKG AND BLOOD TESTS!!!
DON'T YOU DARE GET SICK!!!!

Bubblebunny

YAY! WE LOVE DAVID SPADE!!!

Kelsey Meehan

I love David Spade! He is soo funny and just.......i just......love him!!!

dixiegirl

Maybe he is allergic to penicillian;if that is what he was taking.. A lot of people are. I really like David Spade and I hope he will feel better soon. As most of us know what he has is not much fun it is miserable.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2