Zac Stars in High School Medical Emergency!

1/15/2008 7:18 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that "HSM" star Zac Efron was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center today suffering from appendicitis.

His rep tells us "He had his appendix removed and is recuperating."

Story developing ...

Jennifer

Wow! This is awful news! I adore Zac (in Hairspray, NOT HSM ) and really hope he recovers well. He is so healthy, I wonder how this happened?

I wonder what this will do to the shooting of Seventeen, which is underway? I can't wait to see this movie, and to see Zac show off his talents in something new.I also can't wait for him to move on to bigger and better things, and get the HSM crapfest over and done with!

Also, I hope it's his mom that comes to take care of him. I really don't think Vanessa has it in her to be caring enough about anyone but herself.

DragonFire

WHO CARES?? He is just another spoiled Hollywood "RICH" brat!! if he were just some ordinary person no one would care so Give it up!!

sashh

to all of you bad mouthing, that's ridiculous. appendicitis can be dangerous. my appendix ruptured when i was 14, and it sucks. you can die from it if it's not taken care of quickly. gosh, have a heart, assholes.

get lives.. ily zac!

i

smokin-dopin

He is a cute lil Gay boy

smokin-dopin

***************20. My friend waorks in the ER at Cedars and was there when he was brought in. She said that he has one of the biggest pieces of wood she has ever seen.***********
______________________________________________________________________________________________
Well! That's not saying much, since you are the only other one she has seen............

Bridgettee

OH WAH,suckituphoe.
:]

Did a cat crawl up his ass and die or something?

chichimarie

appendicitis, gerbil in his ass, same difference.....

Kezia

Get well soon Zac!!!! My daughter and I can't wait to see you in HSM3.

DPMA

Praying for your speedy recovery... Take care and God Bless...

Maddy

If a man is decent, good looking, clean living and is successful, the stalkers, bloggers and the celebrity sites throw out the gay crap. It makes these losers feel better about themselves.

Daexen

OMFG, Thank god he got to the hospital in time. That type of thing isn't something you take your time on. It is life threating.

ballerbabe88

ya why r u guys all haters... thoughtd i update u that hes doing fine and when i see him tomorrow i will reupdate if i remember.

Britney u suck!

sure you're gonna see him tommorow. in your dreams if you ever sleep.

Chuck

He had such beautiful abs now they will have a hideous scar marring them.