Great White Way Ridiculous

1/21/2008 4:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Clay Aiken's Saturday night debut in Broadway's "Spamalot" was full of absurdity -- and not because of Monty Python's material.

As Aiken made his debut at Broadway's "Spamalot" on Saturday, TMZ was in the house and -- believe us -- the Shubert Theater was full of middle-aged housewives (who comprise the Claymates) elbowed and bitched their way through a crazy throng to get their Romeo's autograph.

If Kelly Ripa doesn't want him touching her, there are definitely plenty of 40-and-overs who do!

Debra

I saw the show. He actually can act, and was very funny! I had the chance to meet him one on one after the show, and he is a really nice person, quite genuine. Good for him!

Melissa

I post "first" because it seems to piss a few people off!
bwt I'm 29...

Melissa

It does seem to really bother people! Haha good one Melisa!!

MH

This loser is still around? I thought he was doing Bingo and Walmart openings.

moi

Please tell me John Cleese had nothing to do with this......

buzzbomber

For a small guy he has a super-sized tool. I caught a glimpse of him geting undressed in the locker room at LA Fitness and was in awe! Seems that some people have it all.

alex

I can't wait to see him in April. I heard he did a great job. Look at all those people!!! he is a Star

Rayray

Kinda reminds me of Tiny Tim.

Madison

Doesn't look like a bunch of old women to me. There young ones too.

Tristania

I don't care what he looks like, Clay Aikens has the voice of an angel. And by the way.........I'm not 40.

Rah-Rah

Why doesn't this loser just COME OUT of the closet already!!?! He would be much more interesting if he did. Lance Bass came out and all of a sudden people started to notice (and like) him.

THEMOMMA

OK TMZ I GET IT .........YOU DON'T CARE FOR HIM ....... BUT ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE PUTDOWNS ,,,,, SOME FOLKS ACTUALLY LIKE HIM .. GROW UP , LET IT GO !!!!!!! DIDN'T YOUR MOMMA EVER TELL YOU " IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE DON'T SAY NOTHING AT ALL " ??????????? WELL THEN SHE HAS NOW ...... SO STFU ALREADY

Linc

Saw the original show and it was great. Good for Clay - looks like he's having a good time. I'm still trying to find all those over-40 housewives in the stage door video though. I'm seeing plenty of young women and men mixed in with the crowd. How do you know who's the housewife?

bojangles

What's with the ageism, TMZ? Last i checked Harvey Levin was way over 40 himself. Are people supposed to stop going to Broadway shows when they hit 40? Most of the cast is over 40. Should they be kicked out too?

oar

I think he looks great, and he does an amazing job as Sir Robin. I'm looking forward to seeing the show. btw, I find Lance Bass a total bore either in or out of the closet.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments