Actress Sally Kirkland Is Really Really Tired

1/28/2008 3:41 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sally KirklandTMZ has learned that Academy Award red carpet staple Sally Kirkland was hospitalized for exhaustion this weekend, but has since been released.

A rep for Kirkland issued the following statement exclusively to TMZ:

"Ms. Kirkland was admitted to an outpatient hospital for exhaustion and sleep deprivation. She has been treated and released, and thanks her fans for their ongoing support and prayers."

We're told Kirkland, 66, is resting at home after filming three movies back-to-back, is feeling better and will be back to work later this week.

DADA

Cartman

At 66 it's called being old.

DARK MEAT ONLY

Get well soon, Sally

Buster

I rember see her a while back in a movie. All I can remember was she had a nice rack. Sorry to see she is sick.

loulou

how the hell did they fit all that self promotion is a statement about exhaustion? no wonder she is exhausted.....

Jizy

In that picture she kind of looks like an old Kelly Bundy.

Rob R Barron

Exhaustion is the Hollywierd pseudonym for a three day drunk!

Madonna

its always "exhaustion!"

AllisonLV

She's old, who really cares....

Pat

I (and everyone I know) treat exhaustion by turning off the phone and going to bed.
I wonder why they have to go to the hospital instead?

how dumb

I know plenty of people who work REAL JOBS for a living.. hard lifting, heavy physical labor..... they also have families and other responsibilities. NOT ONE of these people ever was hospitalized for EXHAUSTION.

Hey rich people - exhaustion is what a normal person feels after doing real work. You don't need a hospital to treat it. Usually, getting a little sleep will do it.... Come on!

Me in GA

I'm glad to hear that she will be back to work soon, I miss having her greet me at the Wal Mart

R.Zimmerman

Exhaustion = Flipping Out

Bobp

Funny how when non-celebrities have surgery, they're thrown out of the hospital before they can stand up, but celebrities get to be in the hospital because they're "tired". WTF?

Cam

There is NO SUCH THING AS BEING ADMITTED TO A HOSPITAL FOR EXHAUSTION!!! Nobody believes that. Ask ANY doctor or nurse if there is such a diagnosis, they will tell you there isn't. Obviously, she had been doing too much coke and had to go in. When will publicists realize that nobody has EVER believed the "Exhaustion" lie?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments