"Moment of Truth" to Catch a Killer?

1/29/2008 2:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A well-placed source tells TMZ that reps for suspected wife killer Drew Peterson have contacted the producers of the new show "Moment of Truth," asking to hookup their client to a lie detector test on national television.

Peterson's fourth wife Stacey has been missing and presumed dead since last October. Peterson's third wife, Kathleen Savio, was found dead in a bathtub in March 2004. At the time, her death was ruled accidental, but since Stacey's disappearance, Savio's body was exhumed for forensic examination and officials determined her death to be a "homicide staged to look like an accident."

Stacey's family has continually asked Drew to submit to a lie detector test -- which he has repeatedly refused to do, until now.

Peterson denies any involvement in Stacey's disappearance, insisting she left him for another man.

A FOX spokesperson had no comment.

Brit is a f*ck up

lie detectors aren't effective in "telling the truth". They aren't even admissable in courts. stupid, stupid, stupid

Mia Foxx

OMG..WTF...HE IS SOOOOOOOOOOO GUILTY OF COURSE HE DID IT, HE KILLED THEM ALL

carol

He would not be a good candidate - he knows all the tricks and how to fool the test. Besides, no one wants to see his ugly slimy butt on any show. He craves attention - don't give it to him.

udontknowme

This guy is a cop! I'm sure he knows how to pass this test! He is so guilty.

OCD

Surely that is not true.

That's too disgusting to even contemplate.

Sherri

. Hook his fat a** up to it and send about 1,000 volts through his body unti lhe confesses!!!!!

I second that motion!!!!!!!

Jenny

Big deal. He's a seasoned dective that will know all of the tricks to fooling the test. What would that prove? That he is GOOD at lying? We already knew that.

Street racers are ass holes

here is the truth about lie detectors...they can be beat very easy. If you ever have to take one, here is how to beat it...put a tac in your shoe and every time your asked a question step on the tac...make it hurt, this will give an inconclusive result.

MsWaldo

Yesterday's new's said the body found was NOT Stacy or Lisa Spevic?? Don't know if name is spelled right. Peterson is guilty in my opinion. Maybe devalues all women in such a way it doesn't matter if he "offs" them when the time is right. Hope justice is served in the end for him.

egriffin

Yeah, he probably knows how to beat the test. Still, I have to say that even if he didn't have anything to do with Stacy's dissapearance, he's still slimeball! I wouldn't even invite him to take no kind of test because he just wants attention!

Topeka

oh what I'd give to see Drew convict himself on this show. He has the ego to think he can outsmart a lie detector - I bet he would get tripped up. Remember that they're not admissible in court, so it wouldn't do any good. I think we'll be reading about his arrest for his 3rd wife's murder. The authorities are working quietly, but effectively!

Ric Mims

Drew and his lawyer say I am a fraud. I would go on there and prove I am telling the truth about Drew.
Ric Mims
RichardMims.com

Ooooo Noooo!

Those of you who do not live in Chicago may not beleave this, but Drew went on a local show (Steve Dahl) and offered to partisipate in a "Win A Date With Drew" contest! The radio station turned down the offer the next day. I think he knows the state police (who are conducting the investigation) have no evidence.

FABIO

It would be great if he made BRITNEY his fourth wife!!!!
============================================
It would be great if he made BRITNEY his fourth wife!!!!
============================================

Adrienne

Drew Peterson is INNOCENT, lol, I couldn't say that without laughing....