Brit Could Be Involuntary Commitment Candidate

1/31/2008 10:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sources at UCLA Medical Center tell TMZ Britney Spears has been classified as "G.D." -- Gravely Disabled. That is a huge and dangerous deal. That means the patient is unable to take care of basic needs, such as the acquisition of food, clothing or shelter. Being G.D. is one of the criteria for involuntary commitment.

Several health care professionals tell us Britney has fallen into a "manic state" due to her bipolar disorder. We're also told she arrived at the hospital this morning at around 2:15 AM, but wasn't admitted until 4:15 AM because she was causing such a scene in the hospital.

We first reported that Britney accused her mother of sleeping with her boyfriend. Now we have more. We're told Britney screamed, "The only reason she's admitting me is because she wants to be alone with her boyfriend! She wants to sleep with my boyfriend!!" Britney never said exactly who she was talking about.

When Brit calmed down, she talked about her kids, how much she misses them and how it's unfair that she doesn't have them.

April Fouels

Sam was

Kathrynne

I think that's terrible that she's now in such rough shape. Pull through Britney! It seems like stuff really went downhill after she married that gold digging goof. It's no surpise though that being in the media and having personal problems is a recipe for disaster.Look at Michael Jackson. She should do what he did, take off to somewhere remote. She can get better and a triumphant return to music.HANG IN THERE BRITNEY!

t

Brit needs to go on the Heath ledger diet....quick.

to bad it wasn't sooner!

Wow...didn't Slitney get the Pope to say that she was a role model for kids because she wasn't having sex....when she was! And then she put's on her album cover pic's of her sitting on a lap of a "priest"! Hummm God does answer prayer's! I guess it goes to show that you shouldn't mess with the Big Guy.....he always get's the last laugh!

Nigel

Go book into a UK hospital it's free and we have more paps. Call me Brit xx

ShesNuts

#44...

Imagine how bad it would for the kids if they saw their mom was a frigging goof ball while they are so young? It could scar them for life.

"hey kids, you'll be seeing your mom.. Don't mind the crazy accents, her yelling, and the fact that she wears diapers due to the anal leakage broght on my eating exlax like candy!"

Spare the kids from the mother until the kids are old enough to understand, or the "mother" gets long needed help!

Bubblebunny

Let her have the rest period she so richly deserves. Peace and Prayers. So Sad.

richard pierce

Well Harv - I hope you and the other media vampires are happy now - You are responsible in part for this poor deluded girl/womans departure from reality. Way to go TMZ. Are you not proud of your moronic selves?

Cici

Tweaky-deaky

barb

I'm praying for you Britney. Get well soon.

Susana

Obviously the HIPPA laws mean nothing to all these sleeze bags.. I hope what goes around comes around..

Junie T.

Wow. If the sources are reliable then I say thank God she was admitted. She really needs help in a bad way and it sounds like she is finally going to get it. BTW, if the news reports are valid, Britney's parents ought to be thanking Sam for making sure she has been treated and has been and is seeing a psychiatrist. If Brit's mom was truly mad that Sam did this then she is an even bigger jerk than I thought. I don't know why she would think she would just get better by moving away. That's ridiculous. Yeah, it might help her to get away from the paps, but for the most part...she needs treatment...obviously. It's so obvious how badly she's deteriorated. I hope she is better soon.

two cents

Oh the drama, the inhumanity of it all. Wake me up when she's dead.

Honestly, we don't care anymore. However will she top all this fake BullS**t next month if she's pulled this fake crap twice this month.

***yawn***

wendy

OK, I read what TMZ reported, it's true, but I would be happier if TMZ did not report such personal details which are really the thoughts of someone who is, right now, greatly troubled. I have no need to know these details. None of us needs to know this stuff; what good does it do us, or anyone, to make these details public? I'm very sorry to learn that Spears is considered by medical professionals to be greatly disabled but at the same relieved to know she is now receiving the help she needs.

SUN

I totally think that thier should be a law on excessive hounding of one person, its almost like stalking her. What is the difference? Every waking move the girl makes the paps are there. If that was one individual, they would be brought up on charges, but here you have a whole group of strangers in her face every place she goes. Everyone is entitled to have some relief,privacy. I have never seen any one individual stalked like her, and although she may be in a loony state, its not fair, and almost criminal to me. I hope laws are passed to prevent this type of abuse, but then again T.M.Z would be out of business.

Previous 15 Comments | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments