God Pages Nurse Vining to Heaven

2/2/2008 2:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shell KeplerShell Kepler, who played nurse Amy Vining on "General Hospital" for more than 20 years, died yesterday in Portland, Ore. Paging Dr. Quartermaine!

According to the Medical Examiner's office, Kepler died of renal failure.

After her stint on "General Hospital" ended, Kepler moved to Portland and got involved in charity fundraising.

IMDb says she was 46, the M.E. says she was 49.

shjdkjskld

Oh my gawd...you're so big...i hope it fits in my rear end.

soapfan

I think she and Laura Webber Spencer were sisters when Laura thought nurse Barbara was her mom but she'd been taken from her real mom Lesley Webber? Not sure if they were actually sisters but just raised together for a while...

She had a fun character and all you perverts should find a different site to chat on.

I always wondered what happened to her. How sad. RIP Shel...

sick of the wimps

Rest in Peace .... you were one of the favorites during your time on GH .... Prayers for you and your family. xox

stressedgoddess

omg! Wasn't she recently back on GH for a short stint this past year?!

So very sad...

mamanintpa

This is sad ....such a young women....TMZ forgot to mention that she was a pioneer in the home shopping industry....she was one of the first clebs. to go on a shopping channel with clothing that she had actually desinged....Rest In Peace Shell

Katbroad

This is so sad. I watched her for the longest time. It's weird, I was thinking about her the other day....ABC is bringing back alot of other long gone characters, and I was hoping she was gonna be one of them....Too bad... she was GREAT!!!

Georgia Girl

She was Laura's adopted sister. They grew up together because Leslie, Laura's birth mother, gave her up for adoption. Laura found her real mother when she was around 14 years old.

Very sad news! I oftern wondered what she did after leaving GH. I do remember she designed clothes.

Black Teef

I'd still hit it.

jfales

So sad. She was very funny on GH. My mom and I watched her on GH while I was growing up. I always liked her. My she rest in God's peace.

Vicki in Canada

How very sad to hear of her passing - so young!!! I very much remember watching her on GH (mind you her character - well?? lol) - but my thoughts are with her family. Rest in Peace.

boringday

I remember watching her on GH when I was a little kid with my mom. She was a talented actress. She was so young to die, how sad. May she RIP, my thoughts are with all of her loved ones.

Kelli

One last hing before someone attacks me again. I always thought GH treated her unfairly. She never married, never had kids, and they never gave her a decent storyline. Bye now. I'm running for the hills. :)

nobodyelsebrokedownlastnight

why are people giving KELLI a hard time?don't get it,she hasn't posted that much,and not even as much as usual,no problem here kelli,LL
brit's on lockdown so you are going to attack the people on the blogs,pretty friggen sad

Cabo

A woman is dead WAY before her time! Shame on all of you with your nasty remarks!!

cbee

Good-bye, Amy! You will be sadly missed!