God Pages Nurse Vining to Heaven

2/2/2008 2:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shell KeplerShell Kepler, who played nurse Amy Vining on "General Hospital" for more than 20 years, died yesterday in Portland, Ore. Paging Dr. Quartermaine!

According to the Medical Examiner's office, Kepler died of renal failure.

After her stint on "General Hospital" ended, Kepler moved to Portland and got involved in charity fundraising.

IMDb says she was 46, the M.E. says she was 49.

JuJu

How sad! I spent so much time watching her on General Hospital. I really liked her. May she rest in peace.

KA

oh how sad.. I used to spend every afternoon watching GH faithfully when I was a young mother. May she rest in Peace.

Lisa

Amy was always behind the desk at GH, it didn't matter if they were filming a scene in the emergency room, or on the third floor. She was the only nurse that worked behind the desk. She had a love interest once, but it didn't amount to much screen time. Such a shame that she died so young.

Julie

watched her for years. I actually got a letters from her a couple of times. She was great on that show back in the day when it rocked! Very sad!

Me

Oh how sad I am to read this. I loved her on GH. Blessings to her family.

Shernez

So Sad! I watched GH all through the 90's and remebmer her character being funny. RIP.

kim

Not only did she play Amy Vining, but she also had an album out called "Shell and the Crush". This was about the same time Rick Springfield was doing his thing.

Shawski

I watched GH very loyally during my HS years....during the whole L&L saga and even afterwards when I could. Shell was a lovely actress and important addition to the cast. I am shocked and saddenned to hear about this. Amy (Shell), RIP,

Best

Joanie

SHE WAS LAURA'S STEP SISTER

JATY

At one time they were writing a story line or her with the dangedrs of breast implants after an accident were a paient hit her. Anyone rememver that one?

Sadie

Shell played nurse Amy Vining and was Laura Webber Spencers adopted sister. The Vining family adopted Laura and Laura was a teenager before she found out she was the biological daughter of Leslie Webber. RIP Shell. I always wondered what happened to you. Did Shell have a husband or kids?

AR

She played Laura's sister on the show. So sad.

JuJu

I also saw her on Three's Company. She was so full of energy and life. Sad Loss.

DaveRog

That show was a BFD in its day and she was a part of it. She was very good in her part, kind of always there in the background most of the time, but she did have a few storylines of her own (if I remember correctly).

Very sad news.