Britney Free -- How It Went Down

2/6/2008 6:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsTMZ has learned UCLA doctors determined Britney did not pose the legal danger to herself or to others, such that they could continue to hold her against her will.

As a result, she was released today and we're told she's already back home.

The conservatorship is still in place. Sources connected with the case say they anticipated that UCLA would probably release her before the 14-day extension because she became cooperative and relatively stable.

We're told the goal with Brit's mom and dad was to establish the conservatorship while she was hospitalized so she would return home to a controlled environment rather than the chaos that consumed her life.

Fed-her-a-Line

I can hear it now - mom, dad, can Adnan come over and play?

Trixx

This ain't gonna be good.

Brit Brit is gonna go off on Momma & PaPa Spears and leave. WATCH!

ShadowGod

I hope she takes her meds otherwise we'll see her right back in the psych ward.

anonymous

I can't see this as good...the damn paps will be hounding her every move again.What's wrong with them in California? Britney was at least safe in the hospital.

chrissybot

O.k.- still talking in a british accent but she's o.k. to go home????????? Are they crazy?!?!?

sable

WOW!!! This is really bad news!!!

I'll rent the DVD when it's done

I hope she stocks up on cigs, yoo-hoo and Correctol before she goes home!

NobodySpecial

First stop, Rite-Aide drug store to get some laxative and then three or four stops to gas stations for no reason at all. Welcome back Britney !

mel

hopefully sam will stay away from her

Elizabeth

Glad I don't in LA. Hollywood is full of f*** ups .

Janet

God speed Brit! God speed! Go get your kids momma!

I'll rent the DVD when it's done

Everyone STAY OFF THE SIDEWALKS! Britney's gonna be driving real soon!

KELLS

Oh sure case closed problem solved. Back to the INSANITY that is her life. If you think Mommy and Daddy are going to HANDLE this girl, think again. Unless she is put somewhere, committed, she is not going to stay anywhere. I can Hear the Police calls now. They , if her parents are staying there, will be there all the time. Go with God Officers (salute)

jbird

Just wait til she decides she can afford to skip her meds one day!

babs

I hope she goes into a nice treatment facility where she can get back on track. I personally dont think she's ready for anything less. Get well soon.