Copperfield: I'll Try and Make Your Suit Disappear!

2/14/2008 1:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David CopperfieldDavid Copperfield is firing back at two companies that sued him over a canceled tour in Southeast Asia and the Persian Gulf -- by filing a lawsuit of his own!

According to documents filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday, Copperfield says that Viva Art International Ltd. and Maz Concerts Inc. owe him $4 million under an "artist's guaranteed fee," in which he was to be paid $2.8 million for the Southeast Asia portion of the tour and the rest for performances in the Persian Gulf.

Copperfield's lawyer exercised an option in his contract to cancel the tours because the magician wasn't paid on time, saying the two companies were late in paying Dave $500,000, and the attorney feared a repeat of "the fiasco in which Mr. Copperfield and his staff were stranded on tour with no assurance of payment."

Back in November, the two companies filed a breach of contract suit against Copperfield, claiming they fronted him $2.2 mil to cover costs. They claim he backed out because he didn't want to face the press after he was accused of sexually assaulting a Seattle woman.

Lenn K.

This guy has always been weird and creepy. I wouldn't put anything past him.

Area 51

Uh, TMZ, I think we'd all be appreciative if you would lose chloe's posts. Thanx.

Triple Play

HOW DO YOU SELL SLEAZE BAG?. D-A-V-I-D C-O--P-P-E--R-F-I-E-L-D

peggy labrozzi

Should he not be in jail for a rape or something? He gives me the creeps.

He's Boring now

yeah they are right, he was afraid to face the press because of the rape allegations, thus putting their investment at risk for lack of publicity because david wont face the press.

get this guy to court, civil and criminal.

Loser

BUSH IS A WAR CRIMINAL

Don't mess with Seattle Chicks.....we'll beat ya up and take away all your money.

He's creepy!

I love Tupac

Why is he not in jail? More than one woman has come foward saying he has forced himself on them. Plus he has two children by a lady who doesn't care if he's a rapist and wants to marry him.

Renate

I am very sure that David Kotkin would never hurt a woman by raping her. Never. For me he is the most lovly man of the world. Don't understand what that mean. I think the lady with the two children is only shocked about this. It is time that this man get a wife at his side. Then she can ask him better what he means and can tell him again and again that she loves only him.

tracey

This is to # 8, Frau Confuse, why do you bother posting? You sound like an idiot! Don't you have "spell check?"