Montel Staffer Sues -- I Can Handle the Pressure!

2/14/2008 12:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A former producer for the "Montel Williams" show says she was fired from her $110,000 a year job after suffering a brain aneurysm ... and she's suing mad!
Read the lawsuit against Montel Williams
Erin Primmer began working for Williams in August 2005. On March 29, 2007 she collapsed on the set after suffering the aneurysm and was rushed to a hospital. The following month, she was cleared by her doctor to go back to work with no restrictions. That's when she alleges the executive producer told her the show was not going to renew her contract, telling her, "CBS needed someone capable of handling the pressure, and that the coming year was going to be worse." Primmer says that is "a clear violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, New York State and New York City law" and has filed suit.

A call to CBS was not immediately returned.

Lenn K.

Thank God this show is coming to an end, because Montel just plain sucks!!

Ms. Giant1

Whatever!

kim suck

the show sucks anyway

whatever

This won't make it to court....he'll settle.
Doesn't matter anyway, he "retired" his show. Sounds like they gave him an option to go out nicely instead of getting canned. Everytime I tuned in he was crying about something. Does smoking pot on a daily basis turn you into a cry baby?!?

Blairbear

Ummmhmmm

5. Intolerence to disabilities on the Montel show? Is that not a tad ironic considering Montel has MS?

Posted at 10:37AM on Feb 14th 2008 by Blairbear
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is it not though ?=)

Tangie

The more I hear about this bastard, the more I dislike him. Feck wad.

Kitty

She is absoutely correct. Even if she had been cleared to go to work with minor restrictions they would have no grounds to terminate her employment as the ADA clearly states that as long as "reasonable accomodations" can be made they're not allowed to fire her for a medical condition.

Tara

This man is a flaming pig. I've heard WAY too many stories about his sexism and discriminative tendencies. He's a phony pig, plain and simple.

John

LES MOONVES IS GOING TO BE TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS. GOOD!!

Jennifer D

Why am I not surprised. Montel acts holier than thou in pubic and it makes me sick. I have MS, my Grandpa and my Aunt have MS, it does suck like no other but none of us act like victims, it isn't that bad. You learn to suck it up and take it one day at a time. He needs to shut it.

jbird

Great! Montel has MS, an the disabled cant win their civil rights struggle if they continue cannibalizing on each other! What a SNAFU

Jennifer D

#11, MS isn't a "disablity" by definition. I have it, I know. Some days, some muscles work, some days they don't, but through all of this I have started my own company and collected myself some great clients. I have achieved more as a result of the disease I think. Thats just it, it's a disease, not a disability. I consider disabilities to be blindness, permanently paralyzed, etc. (Excuse my spelling, part of MS is poor eye sight and I'm too damn lazy to go get my glasses. lol) Seriously though, living with it isn't that bad. We don't know any other life... after a year of symptoms, every day is like the last... you muck through the crap and find the good in everything, don't look or ask for pity and using it as a forum to get himself ahead makes me sick, I hope he gets cancelled.

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

WOW, of all people, someone that has lived and worked with the disability of MS firing someone that sounds like she is absolutely fine. I have never been a Montel fan and this sure isn't helping.. it is absolutely despicable that, at the LEAST, they didn't find/offer another similar position if there were any reasons she should not go back to her former position, Karma is gonna get him.....

Susan

Really liked Montel Show EXCEPT for Sylvia Brown.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments