Brit Doesn't Get Visitation

2/19/2008 7:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The lawyers couldn't agree amongst themselves -- so Brit will not get visitation with Sean Preston and Jayden James.

There is no change in the custody order. Also, the Commish made it clear - the issues with the conservatorship being removed to Federal court have no bearing on the custody case.

Also, Trope and Trope is out as Brit's lawyer. Stacy Phillips is now the new lawyer on the case.

It's ironic, we know K-Daddy wants Brit to have visitation and the lawyers came to court today trying to accommodate that, but it didn't happen. Daddy Jamie also has wanted to create some normalcy in Brit's life and wanted visitation restored in a bad way, but it wasn't meant to be.

Nic

I think all you people who keep saying she is a criminal who shouldn't be allowed to see her kids need a reality check. I have seen plenty of mothers in my work who have drug problems, been arrested for prostitution, have physically abused their kids in the past, etc., get to visit with their kids and even regain custody of their kids. It's called supervision, treatment and rehabilitation. The fact the judge didn't grant her even supervised visitation indicates there is something going on we don't know about. Those of you saying it might be a condition of treatment that her side couldn't agree to could be very true. Because the key for regaining your children is to get treatment for your illness. The problem here is that a mentally illness does not realize they are ill alot of the time. Britney's notoriety is also working against her getting treatment because you and I could already have been forced into treatment.....but of course Sam Lufti can't have that so it's going to become a big circus of courts and lawyers until the feds laugh at Sam's lawyer and throw it out of federal court. She needs inpatient treatment and there is no reason she shouldn't see her kids.

YankeesRule

Any other good parents WILL AGREE... she DOESN'T love her kids the way a good mother does (in the least!) ... famous/crazy or not!! You would literally have to put me in jail before I sat passively and let the courts tell me that I couldn't see my kids. She's pretty much sub-human in my opinion. She's a selfish child herself. Why so much empathy lately for this piece of crap!??!?!? You're almost as insane as she is!

jms

# 12
If she cared soooooo much about her boys as you say she does why didnt she show up to any of her depositions or court dates. Her "mental illness" didnt keep her away from anything else so much less important. I could see if she locked herself away in her house and didnt want to leave but she was always out on the streets or at clubs within minutes or hours of her missed court dates and dont give the paps as an excuse, pleeeeease, she freakin dates them. She seems to have a very selective form of mental illness. Her only illness is irresponsibility and self absorption and selfishness. If its not about her its not happening. Her visitation right would have probably been resolved by now or never taken away if she just realized its not all about her anymore. If it dosent benefit her or dosent feel good, she's not doing it. I guess staying at home and being a mother never appealed to her...not enough flash bulbs and false adoration.

cheetos

Hello?... hi Alli, it's me 'kap"... Who? Cops?!... (whispers) no Alli, thats my code name in case the phones are bugged! It's me' mark kaplan...Oh, Hi Markie! Whats up?...(Alli, don't call me Markie, thats for the bedroom, just call me Kap!)...But MARKIE everything is going so well right now! Sam said so!....Alli, please shut-up, Sam and Sands are working on our next script as we talk! and Sam wants to know if you can talk to Paris to show up at Hyde tomorrow and 'K', you know Kevin , will also be there and X17 will snap a picture of Paris and Kev in a sloppy lip-lock ?! You'll get your usual fee, so dont worry about that Babe!...Sure! Markie! When can you "Consult Me" again? ..I am so horny!...

Jan

I think she should be able to see them at home ONLY with her dad there ONLY and no driving them around. Their should be no paps at the entrance of her home when the kids are taken to and from there. It should be ILLEGAL for paps to take photos of celeb's kids closer than 100 feet to the child.
As for as Kevin wanting her to see them. KFed realizes he, Kaplan, Osama Lufti, and the paps have driven her crazy. If she loses all rights to KFed's 2 little cash calves, then Britney has no more legal responsibility and KFed wil have to get off his ass and get a job. Any openings for a sperm donor??

tia

That's sad. It would be good for her to see her babies again. Keep your head up Brit. You're in my prayers.
I hope Brit gets to see her kids. They are hurting the kids more.....K-Fed needs to drop this stupid case and sit down and talk to his ex-wife. All of this could have been avoided, if the media would stop filming her every move. Brit....still praying for you and hope you get to kiss your babies faces real soon!!!! They need their Momma!

Tiffany

I think if she has indeed detoxed and has her head clear of all meds, then she def needs to suck it up. She is 26 years old, after all. she has a roof over her head, bills paid, parental support, healthy children, no financial obligations, so grow up and get a grip. She screwed up. Now it's time to reflect and reach within herself and get over yourself. She has everything the live for; nothing worth dying for.

Tiffany

Txlady,
what if she never finds her way? What about her boys then? I think Kevin has the possibility that she may not come around on his mind. Who knows how mental she really is? I know .. . questions, questions . . . Just thinking, as a mom myself, that they should be protected from their mom, at least for a while. I'm thinking she is still a child herself and may be so for quite some time.

ParisNauseatesMe

Thank goodness the court is looking out for the welfare of the boys.

Who CARES if seeing her kids would make Spears feel better? [I doubt it would anyway.] She's an adult and can choose to make her own stupid mistakes........but she's got to take the consequences. No one should make this easy on her.

It's the kids' best interest that is of utmost importance. And right now that translates to NOT being subjected to the unpredictable actions of their birth mother. [And no, I don't see her as a "mother" to her children. I've never seen a photo that tells me she loves them or puts their interests above her own. Never.]

cheetos

Whatever = sands , Are you Sam?! Or Ann Coulter?!

I did not say Brit is not culpable, I believe she has a problem, or 5, Imma jus sayin dat de be lotta people on her staying messed up to stay on that really rich GRAVEY(crazy) TRAIN!

Actions speak louder than words (Mark, Kevin, Alli, etc....)
But in this case it seems $$$ speak for everyone involved. Brit does need to grow up, then get down to work to put her life in order. I'm glad her parents are in her life right now and not just leeches! ...GO TEAM SPEARS!!

happy holiday season

WHAT CAN POSSIBLY BE SAID ANYMORE BOTH PRO AND CON. EVERY ANGLE HAS BEEN TALKED ABOUT AND IT
COMES OUT TO THIS. BRITANY HAS GONE THROUGH A LOT OF LAWYERS. WHEN LAWYERS WANT TO BAIL FROM A
HIGH PROFILE RICH CLIENT, THAT MEANS SHE IS NOT LISTENING OR DOESN'T WANT TO LISTEN. THE COMMISSIONER HAS HEARD FROM ALL PARTIES INVOLVED AND STILL WILL NOT ALLOW VISITATION. MAKE YOUR
OWN CONCLUSIONS.

yuk

How cruel is that!!!..not to let Britney visit her children. Britney needs to see her children!!! She'll realize that she needs to get well so she could be with her children. I am praying for you , Britney. Don't give up. You can get well ...and please realize that you need help. We love you , Britney.

know it all

She was out flashin' her naked crotch 2 nights ago. That's why she doesn't get to see her boys.... SHE'S NOT BETTER !! Otherwize she wouldn't be traipsin around town pantiless !!

cheetos

tia, 316., I agree. Kevin should direct his lawyer to do what he has said to the press, allow Brit some visitation! Unfortunately I think that was just talk. If Kevin was serious he would hire a new Lawyer who has mediator training! To resolve the situation.

ME

SHE DOES NOT DESERVE TO HAVE CHILDREN, SHE'LL BE PUTTIN THE PINK WIG ON AGAIN PRETTY SOON....