Brad & Angie to Pax: You're Officially One of Us!

2/21/2008 5:01 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have officially adopted little Pax Thien.

We've learned they went to L.A. County Children's Court in Monterey Park, Calif. yesterday and appeared before a judge who finalized Pax's adoption.

The adoption was a two-step process. First, the adoption had to be approved in Vietnam, where Pax was born. The second step was getting an L.A. judge to approve the adoption -- that was done yesterday.

A rep for Angie tells us the Jolie-Pitts were literally celebrating at the courthouse. Mama Jolie walked out with a teddy bear -- a private foundation gives a stuff animal to every family that goes to Children's Court.

Hey Pax -- you're officially one of the luckiest young'uns alive!

Can you write??

It's called a "stuffed" animal, not a "stuff" animal. I don't write for a living, but I could do your job a hell of a lot better than you can!! Where'd you go to school?

tryharder

She needs to try harder than that to beat Spears in the media race.

Megz

When was the last time anyone took a pic of her holding her BIOLOGICAL CHILD??? She SURE DOES have strange feelings about her relatives! (i.e. Shiloh who you never see her with and her Bro who she frenched) Now shes preggo with TWINS and STILL ADOPTING? How do you make time for a herd of children when you're both out making movies? Nannies arent replacement mothers! I'm a full time mom of one, and she gives me a run for my money! lol.Enough is enough, LOVE THE KIDS YOU ALREADY HAVE!!!

As if....

#79-My thoughts exactly! She is on people.com holding Shiloh-if that is what you want to call it. Angelina is turned the other way and Shiloh is barely in her arms. I have never once seen her smiling while she is holding her biological daughter nor have a tight grip on her. I feel really bad for that baby and new one(s) to come. She is a POOR excuse for a human being.

dana

#62, i think it is because she adopted them in the foreign country and then in the US he is also adopting them and doing the name change

Woggifts

To Brad and Angelina: I think you guys have got the biggest hearts to raise these children as your own! This world is sure full of narrow-minded idiots, so full of hate and jealousy. I feel sorry for THEIR kids!

Queen of Hearts on the Island

will she now have a bar code tattooed on him too? no wonder brads spending so much time in new orleans helping rebuild(which is great on his part) but shes just out shopping for new kids,to add to her collection!! didnt she have any dolls as a kid ?? and is she really preganant? where did that story go after the awards show cause of her ugly sack dress ??

Queen of Hearts on the Island

#77 I AGREE, all jokes aside,what about the 500,00 kids here in the usa adoption system that she could be adopting too ?? that makes me see her in a different light !! yeah t great that she adopts but give one of these children in our system a chance at a great life too !!!!!

Enough

I'm really sick of hearing about them. They aren't a perfect couple/family. They are a rich family and not really raising their kids on their own.

Plus, she's a home wrecker and it won't be long before she gets bored of old man Pitts. Ugh...

steph

I really think these two jolie/pitt are taking this baby collecting a lil to far...i mean they adopted this lil 3 year old only a year ago, he needs extra attention..and i know as a mother the more kids you have the less time you have to give...what is wrong with these two...are they in some kind of race.. lets not forget they havent been together enough to decide if they really want this for a long time...they jumped into this relationship and started having all these kids ... i had a lil respect for them, now I JUST THINK THEY ARE VERY, VERY SILLY.

Janet

Go for the team, You two! So happy for you all. I admire both of you for the work that you do worldwide. And you are the perfect couple, also. Enjoy your family. Peace.

marie

WHO CARE'S IF YOUR PREGNET OR NOT WITH BRAD'S BABY!!!!!!
HE MADE A BETTER COUPLE WITH JENNIFER ANISTON...
NOBODY EVEN CARE'S FOR YOU TO BE WITH BRAD..
HONESTLY HE'S TO GOOD FOR YOU..
THAT'S JUST MY OPINION.......

marie

DON'T EVEN CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT ,TAKE IT LIKE IT IS...
BRAD IS BRAD...TO GOOD FOR YOU -EVERYONE KNOW'S IT BUT YOU..

ruth

Am so happy for you guys, congratulations and may it all be well for you and the family you guys are raising. Don't mind the haters. To you haters we all deserve a second chance and they have it, let leave them to work at it. People do change for the better,

Katy Mom

Angelina should learn to love her BIOLOGICAL child as much as her ADOPTed ONES.