PETA Rats Out Stone for Hideous Oscar Jewelry

2/25/2008 1:46 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fur loving Sharon Stone could give a rat's ass about what she wears these days on the red carpet. Literally.
Sharon Stone
Stone showed up to the Elton John party last night wearing an actual rats paw as a broach. And of course, PETA has a few kind words for the animal killer. "Maybe Sharon, passed over by the Academy yet again, was jealous of Ratatouille's Oscar win and thought a rodent paw might go with her haggard look. Her accessories these days are as dead as her career." Meow!

Just Me

Is Sharon stone a lesbian? I think she is.

bloody ole scot

That's a grouse foot, attached to a thistle - it's a Scottish traditional brooch - get your hoofs right TMZ - have you no culture

fathead

"Why can't this generation be like Eastwood or Nicholson ? Pretty normal, except for the marriages, and they all do that."

ill give you that eastwood is cool.

but nicholson? ok great actor, but he has been a habitual cocain user since he was young! and still hasn't stopped. why do you think he's always wearing sun glasses? sunny california isn't good for weak eyes due to snorting so much blow. and i also remember nicholson meeting with castro and becoming buddy buddy with him. if this is normal... shoot me now.

casey0413

Little tight on the vest there Sharon - you're not a teenager anymore!

ScotsWife

That is not a rat's foot or a rabbit's foot. It is a grouse's foot. Grouse feet are used to decorate Scottish kilt pins. You can clearly see the thistle in silver, where the purple stone is set. Grouse foot, grouse foot, grouse foot. Not as disgusting,but to me just as crueal

tRACY

38. Sorry for the typos. I'm not much of a secretary. I think you guys got the drift, though. Why can't this generation be like Eastwood or Nicholson ? Pretty normal, except for the marriages, and they all do that.

Posted at 12:36PM on Feb 25th 2008 by Sheesh!

Sheesh: You don't have to be a secretary to be literate, meaning:
1. able to read and write: having the ability to read and write

2. well-educated and well-read: well-educated and cultured, especially with respect to literature or writing

3. skillfully written: showing skill in the techniques of writing

Cynic

I don't care if it IS a traditional Scottish brooch...it is STILL ugly, and (ewww) why would you want to wear dead animal parts to a formal event? It's not like Sharon was born and raised in Scotland, complete with a brogue....no, she's just weird. The rest of the outfit sucks, too. Since she's so into wearing little dead digits, I'm surprised she didn't have a piece of jewelry made from her ex-husband's toe, which was bitten off by a caiman at the San Francisco zoo!

Jibbly Biggens

I don't like PETA, but the brooch is disgusting and rather creepy! Humans share a large percentage of their genes with other creatures (60% even with a banana), so I would think it was wrong to kill animals with the ability to feel pain and fear as a human might, especially if it isn't a necessary product like food.

ellie

What a sick witch! I'm so tired of celebrities wearing fur. Stone's accessory is particularly gruesome.

Suzanne

That is not a rats' paw... that would be one oversized rat.. it is more like a rabbit foot, or even a cat... I have a couple of pet rats here at home and their paws are not even close to that size and I have some seriously obese rats here :-)

JUST THE FACTS

SHARON JUST WANTS ATTENTION. AND SHE DOES THINGS LIKE THIS TO APPEAR YOUNG AND KEEP PEOPLE TALKING. HAVING DEAD ANIMAL'S FINGER NAILS ON YOUR CHEST IS A MACHO MOVE AND AN ATTENTION GETTING PLOY. OF COURSE SHE HAD PLASTIC SURGERY.

Curator

I love the Peta people but the comment is as stupid as Sharon's decision to wear that hideous brooch.
Their cattiness undermines all of their credibility.
If they know as much about animals as they think they do, any moron can see that it would be a giant mutant monster rat to have a paw that big.
It's a "lucky" Rabbit's foot idiots.

The broach is freakish and unnecessary.
She must be doing it on purpose.

Why, Sharon?
WHY?

Merry Christmas

Sharon should have sent the rat's paw in for a manicure.

She could clean her teeth with it after dinner!

Firefly69

It's all about check and balance. If there is slaughter house, there is PETA. Now, waiter, for my lunch, I would like to have a dozen slices of wild tuna seared on PETA breads please. Live today, die tomorrow. The food chain will work its own wonder.

Curator

Haggard? -my ass.

I'd like to see the Peta person that said that when they are Sharon's age.
I bet it's a cheetos munching, web surfing, 23 year old fat assed cow.
She's HOT for her age you idiot. Nobody can deny that.
The animal cruelty on the other hand is not attractive but it has nothing to do with her looks. If you want people to take your association seriously, stick to the facts and lay off petty things like age.

Its people like you that create the self-image problems women have today. You might like animals but you obviously don't like older women. With irresponsible comments like that, I have lost all respect for your flaky association.