"Idol" Nurse Busted for DUI

2/28/2008 11:54 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"A.I." finalist Amanda Overmyer pleaded guilty to DUI back in October 2006 near her hometown of Mulberry, IN.
Booking photo of Amanda Overmeyer
She received a suspended sentence of 60 days and was placed on 180 days probation, which ended in August 2007.

According to the National Enquirer, on the night of her arrest Overmyer had a blood alcohol level of 0.108 and spent six hours in the Montgomery County Jail before her fiancé posted her bail.

big d

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHAT!!!!!!!!!

Trace

Biker trash!

TrojanFan

It happens! And it happened to her a long time ago. So what, leave her alone. I don't care for her singing, just not my type, but really, who cares about something like this that happened 2 years ago!?!?!

Tony

Come on, I like you guys but this ? who gives a FRA (flying rats ass) old news man ..

Jolt'nJackieWilson

That Girl (Amanda)...thinks she is Wayyyyy to Kool for School... & her Hair come out better than her song did, on last night's "American Idol" show... Well girl , ever since I seen you riding you're Harley on the 1st show thinking you were all that ... I can't stand seeing you let alone hearing your'e voice... you ain't got a chance in Hell ... & I can't imagine you being a Nurse & actually caring about someone..(other than yourself)....American Idol always has to have someone wild ,crazy & off the wall so why not you I gues...However , the only thing that you might get out of this whole ordeal for you is ANOTHER "DUI" in the makings yet to come...Get ready for the fall from Grace....you're 15 mi's + of fame is about over...Nice Lil' Dance though!!!

rn4er

Poor excuse for a nurse....If she came in my room I would run out......She scares me........

TAZ54

That was the past about the rocking nurse. If this is how it's going to be, then bring it all out with the judges and you.
All people make mistakes and learn by then. Don't judge a person until you look in your own back yard.

Char

So who cares that this contestant was arrested what ... over a year ago. She is human and she makes mistakes. Who are we to judge her. The person that has brought this to light for all of us to see..... what have you been arrested for. Get a life and mind your own business.

Char

Sorry...I just read some of the people's comments on here...OM goodness. You people that make judgments about someone you do not even know. You should be ashamed of yourself. If you judge people solely on how they appear....you live in a glass house. Wonder what you would do if you were judged wrongly. Be careful about throwing the first stone ...because one day a huge rock will come your way. GROW UP!!!!

Tha' Sweet Realness

Okay, to the ignorant slammers claiming the DUI is a felony, you need to learn the law a bit better.

Jack

Who really cares...seems to me she just wanted to get the DUI out of the way BEFORE she becomes a start instead of joining the Paris-Nicole-Linsey-Brittaney club and screwing up a promising career.

Stefanie

Oh my god, who cares!!! Look at all the celebrites that get in trouble, you still buy their CD's don't you.

GINA

I thought she looked alil trashy! She is going home tonight anwyay!!! Bye Bye UGLY!!

Sue

Wow, that is barely over the limit for the date that it happened. Can't believe it's being brought up! Does not have any effect on her singing ability.

Overmyerfan

Give the girl a break people. So she made a mistake everyone does! Her performance last night wasn't great but let's see any of you get up there and do that. Go Amanda. Keep up the good work, I'm pulling for you.