Horton Hears an Abortion Protest

3/8/2008 10:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

All hell broke loose at the Hollywood premiere of "Horton Hears a Who!" today when a group of pro-lifers infiltrated the screening, then chanted anti-abortion slogans after the flick.

The theme of the movie is based on the motto: "After all, a person is a person, no matter how small." So the pro-lifers thought it was a good idea to use this theme to their advantage -- even though their complicated message was falling mostly on the ears of children.

The stars in attendance included Victoria Beckham and her three kids, Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy, Steve Carell and all 12 contestants from "American Idol."

After the chanting ended, the group put red tape over their mouths that said "Life" on them, and paraded around the event.

Shouts of protest were returned by some in attendance, including, "This is a kid's premiere," "How dare you," and "Do you really care that much about this?"

Jennie

Regarding the story: if this is true, it's awful. Why no video of this demonstration?

bean

Swallowing is kinda gross

Kya's gram

How sad that a woman would choose to have abortions, instead of letting someone have the miraculous CHOICE of adopting a baby. I wouldn't be Kya's gram today, if an expectant mom, hadn't realized that the beautiful baby girl she was carrying, would make another family unbelievably ecstatic !! We'll be taking her to see Horton, and would gladly explain to her why the Pro-Life people become so passionate about their beliefs. She will learn at a very young age why adoption is the only way choice.

Mik

Let me see if i got this right,the left-wing from PETA can run around naked-Green Pease can disrupt fishing-ELF can burn down news homes -anti war can blow-up recruiting stations -anti-oil can stop drilling in Alaska .I think that just about covers it ! PS You call the pro-life people crazy?

Twinker

I was subjected to a crisis pregnancy and after I found out how much the adoption agency and church were going to profit financially off my child I decided to keep my baby and raise him myself. I have now an much loved and adored adult child. It was amazing how wonderful this person was to my life and I consider myself blessed with the choice to raise my son with lots of love despite anyone's "preconcieved" standards that there is only "one way" to have a family. Most feelings of guilt and shame are capitalized opportunities by religious agencies to gain a financial profit off people's misfortunes.

Did I want an abortion? Any sane and educated woman considers all options.

Carlo

WOW!! How stupid are these pro-life zealots? Demonstrating in a theater full of children and their parents that chose life!!! Stick to abortion clinics you idiots; at least it is relevant to your cause.

Vita

I am pro-choice...but abusing it because you pick and choose which sin you will and will not do is disgusting.

In addition to birth control being a sin...so is killing, so is PREMARITAL SEX, among many other things (like feeding off of this tabloid garbage LOL) I love TMZ, but I don't bring church and religion into it. Come on.

Women like you Kelli, make me SICK.

Jamie

Those people are the reason we should keep abortion legal. They don't give a rat's ass about unwanted crack babies or poor babies, or any other babies except the ones people are still concieving. I agree with the poster above...how many unwanted babies in foster homes and tied up in the system have YOU adopted and loved? We don't need more children in the world...we need to take care of the ones we already have.

bean

27. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, TMZ...VERIFY THIS KELLI PERSON'S E-MAIL AND GET HIM OR HER AND ALL OF THE ADDRESSES THEY USE BLOCKED. SOME PEOPLE AREN'T GETTING IT'S THE SAME PERSON AND IT'S UPSETTING. A lot of us have complained to you about the spammers and the other idiot rants that don't stay on topic. Couldn't we please just have decent commentary on the stories you post?

Posted at 9:34PM on Mar 8th 2008 by Jennie

Right! Cuz this is such a serious forum for discussion!!!! You're funny

He's Boring now

How is it a "group" or 'court" can determine Life? The Mother is the one who creates it within her and thus retains the ultimate right to decide upon it. Not God, not you, not them. if it was God He would say something and last time I looked He remained silent during the Holocaust so He wont be speaking anytime soon.

Let the one who is Pregnant be the ultimate and only decider of Life. Afterall, Mothers know best dont they?

del

Jane: The same church that prohibits birth control devices or medicines as unnatural (but does advocate the rhythm method) ALSO prohibits abortion. It does not prohibit birth control and instead advocate abortion, as you imply.

Kya's gram: Yes, the rest of the world is your barren family's personal baby farm, and rightly so, as your being "unbelievably ecstatic!!" is the foremost concern of all moral people. When you take your grandchild to see Horton, you can explain the graphic, dead fetus photos traumatizing the kiddies, and destroy the child's innocence a decade before the information is relevant, solely for the purpose of you riding on your high horse. Bravo. Wish you were my Gram.

I'm an adoptive parent. I thank God that brave birthmothers choose to place their babies for adoption rather than abort. I know it is a hard thing they do, but I thank God for them every time I hug my children.

meltz11

A bunch of retarded nutjobs is just that, ignore the stupidity.

bean

34. Kelli....Abortion IS birth control in the way your using it. If you're going against your church, you might as well get on the damn pill.

Women like you Kelli, make me SICK.

Posted at 9:58PM on Mar 8th 2008 by Misty

Apparently Misty cannot read----it was a made up post to drive some of you crazy & guess what moron??? It worked, got your panties all up in a bunch---sucker!!!!!!

Kathie is a phony

Kell/Frani, you are a sick individual with a split personality. Not only that, if what you said is true, you are also a WHORE. Get yourself some mental health treatment and some birth control pills. It won't be long before you are ordering a perscription for Herpes at the rate you're going!

As to the pro-lifers, they need to get a life of their OWN. Perhaps taking in all the unwanted babies that are addicted to dope, battered by parents that never wanted them in the first place, and the rape babies. In case you morons don't know it, these services are provided for GOOD reasons to most people, and they are NOT the Kellis of the world.