Horton Hears an Abortion Protest

3/8/2008 10:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

All hell broke loose at the Hollywood premiere of "Horton Hears a Who!" today when a group of pro-lifers infiltrated the screening, then chanted anti-abortion slogans after the flick.

The theme of the movie is based on the motto: "After all, a person is a person, no matter how small." So the pro-lifers thought it was a good idea to use this theme to their advantage -- even though their complicated message was falling mostly on the ears of children.

The stars in attendance included Victoria Beckham and her three kids, Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy, Steve Carell and all 12 contestants from "American Idol."

After the chanting ended, the group put red tape over their mouths that said "Life" on them, and paraded around the event.

Shouts of protest were returned by some in attendance, including, "This is a kid's premiere," "How dare you," and "Do you really care that much about this?"

Mariah

#31 (mik): You took the words right out of my mouth.

Kelli: If it makes you feel any better I could tell your post was just a joke (kind of weird one, but a joke). It was just too preposterous that someone would want to tell everyone something like that. Frankly, I can't believe people bought it! And I thought I could be gullible...

meltz11

#56 I'm with you 1000% Apparently nothing interesting ever hapens between 5 pm fri and 8 am mon. Harvey is cheap AND lazy.

SAxlerod

This has to be some stupid publicity stunt. How can a group protest a bad movie that just came out for having crap about abortion? Look bottom line, a women's body is exactly that, a women's body. It should be her decision to abort unless she realizes that the father has no money, property or isn't a star then you abort. Why have a dumbass father with no way to support himself and you bring a baby into this horrible world? And you yahoos who want life, are you going to take care of the children who are brought into this world and not wanted?? If yes, I have one for you. She's a 50/50 little girl, her mother is 17 and the father is 39! The father made it to the 7th grade, stutters, has no job, no education and no teethfiss! Her family wants to put the kid up for adoption not because of the financial strain but because of the embrassment of the whole situation. This child is doom.

bean

I didn't writ that last comment

todd lissner anti adult anti wholesomeness activist-----(kadintodd2@aol.com)

i said wat i said and i meant wat i meant fetal cells r not a baby 100 percent!!!!!!!!!!!the world would be better if REAL CHILDREN got the respect from these zel,ots that fetal cells do!!!

anonymous

Actually, this really doesn't sound like something pro-lifers would do as they are pretty peaceful mostly and picket outside of abortion clinics.This makes no sense why they would infiltrate the kids movie. Sometimes there are fringe fanataics out there but quite frankly, this almost sounds like something of a set up by some other group claiming to be prolifers. Putting tape across their mouths doesn't sound right either. My guess is it that it's some group trying to cause some mischief claiming to be prolifers.

BigTicket

shoulda shot em.....

I'm just sayin......

Ani

Effing pro-lifers. Why don't they get a life?

Tiger's Help Sucks Too

Too bad the protestor's mothers didn't have abortions.
The world is better off without those idiots.

Erica

12. I was going to our local mall a few weeks ago, and there was this church group standing all along the road...holding up HUGE signs with pictures of aborted fetuses. I had my six year old in the car with me and had to spend the entire evening explaining to him what that picture was.....why it was....the whole nine yards....I wanted to go and tell those idiots to keep it off the roadsides where little kids could see them. These signs were like.....5' x 5' color signs!

Posted at 9:00PM on Mar 8th 2008 by Tommy

I've seen the same people and the same pictures and all I can think of is that they are completely obscene. It is completely wrong to inflict your religious morallity unto others in public in this manner. And to do so at a childrens premier is reprehensible.
Leave the children alone, obviously there parents didn't abort them. So give em a chance to have a childhood not tainted with you propaganda. Disgusting and really should be illegal to do this.

chuck

MIK......you have had one of the smartest comments on here.....but if this storys true..i think they went way to far

smartypants

WT heck? Please TMZ! CHECK THE E-MAILS!! These people are so off topic!!!!

Ali

ummmmm ok??

smartypants

Everyone get checked!!! Life choices are personel! I'm going for a bubble bath, goodnight! :)

smartypants

Ali, be happy, you know the truth! pro-LIFE!!!!!! imposters get a handle! 10-4 GOOD BUDDY!