Chikezie Is Jesus' Homeboy

3/12/2008 1:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Long before "Idol" (and Terminal 4 at LAX), Chikezie actually spent 18 years training for the "Idol" stage at Fairview Heights Baptist Church in Inglewood ,Ca. -- which just happens to be Tyra Banks' childhood church.

Chikezie was in a church choir called Praise Team. In this video, shot in October of last year, it's clear that his years there have served him well. The pastor of the church, Carl Hargrove, tells TMZ that Chikezie sounds better in church than he does on "AI". Guess there's nothing quite like the acoustics in God's house.

Mama

I'm not especially religious, but this is one of my favorite church songs. Beautiful Chikezie!

raggedy

he put on a great show

Thats One Ugly Skanky Hoe

He is my main man!

ME

he put on a great show on last nights episode

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

Watch out! Tara is going to get her hooks in you! She is still FURIOUS that Dina "stole" Stedman from her!

Sue

I remember when Amy Sedaris started cyberstalking Chikezie -- he finally had to call in the police.

Daytona

Great job on that song last night.... I enjoyed listening and watching. Its about time the talent came through.... Go Inglewood!

WHY

TMZ can you report on something else except "AI" PLEASE

Donna

Does this guy have a last name? He's sweet and cute, but no last name. What's up with that?

Winky Vitalic

Why Lenn, I see you think that if you drop the "K" from your name that no one will know it's you. And I find little comfort in knowing that you know a little too much info about Amy Sedaris. Do you do ANYTHING besides follow females on tmz? And I'm sure we'll all hear from Kelli on this subject momentarily since she follows Lenn K around like a dog in heat.

todd lissner anti adult anti wholesomeness activist-----(kadintodd2@aol.com)

athiesm rules religion drools!!!

Winky Vitalic

is dina lohan really with stedman - oprah's stedman?? am i the only one out of the loop here?

Liz

#9, 11 - May God Bless you!

I hope he goes far.......................what a voice! The acoustics are always better in the Lord's house!

Winky Vitalic

Lordy, the Dina and Stedman connection has been around for more than an year now I think. Just search through Perez or the international tabloids for LOTS of info on those 2. They make a cute couple. Now let's stay OT with Chikezi-he can be my homeboy anytime...

Kelli

If you ever get a chance to visit a "gospel" church it is a hoot! Lots of fun and they know how to get into it.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments