« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hardy House Fire Ruled "Undetermined"

3/16/2008 12:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ just spoke to Captain Bruner of the Cameron Fire Department -- and he told us the Moore County Fire Department has ruled the cause of the fire that claimed wrestler Jeff Hardy's home as "undetermined."

Bruner said around 11:30 PM the blaze was "paged out as a wildfire" -- because the citizens that made the call only saw the fire through some woods. Three minutes later another call was made -- this time specifically naming the Hardy residence as the location of the fire.

When firemen arrived at the scene, Hardy's home was "fully engulfed." Because the home was "burnt so bad," the Moore County Fire officials investigating the blaze ruled it "undetermined."

Foul play on the part of Jeff Hardy is not being investigated -- because Jeff Hardy told Captain Bruner that he didn't have insurance on his home.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

He's Boring now

Do you know any homeowners who do not have fire insurance? I mean nearly all mortgage companies require,no demand that you have fire insurance before they would loan you money. This nut didnt have insurance? Ok so if he paid cash for the house, he didnt insure his investment? Something is terribly wrong here. This man doesnt think clear and maybe he doesnt act clear either.

Whose to say----but being without insurance is just as backwards as it gets.

gabe

No insurance... what? This guy makes good money and did not have insurance? Guess money does not buy intellegence.

MaryMac

I don't understand how the home isn't insured either. That just doesn't seem right. But now all of his possessions are gone with no way to get them back. All of his pictures, wrestling awards, memorabilia, etc...It's just so sad. It seems like a case of when it rains it pours for Jeff. I hope he is able to use these experiences in his life to start over. I know he and his brother are close. I hope Matt can help him through this. I know his fans would love to see him come back and be better than ever. My kids and I love to watch Jeff. I know my kids want him back and look up to him and think he's really cool. I hope he comes out of this sober and stronger. Maybe this is a good time to "start anew." He is in my prayers.

Kelli

My prayers are for doggie heaven this morning. Stuff is replaceable. Doggies aren't.

Steve

Good story. This reminds me of the gay bashing that Amy Sedaris engineered with a bunch of her straight friends. She was mad with some gay guy she had been talking to on MySpace. So she got Bryan Dinello and his friend Vincent Barley to set up this poor guy, and they secretly videotaped him giving Vincent a blow job, and then Amy put the videotape on Xtube.com and sent it to all her friends, like Jeff Garlin and Stephen Colbert and Steve Carrey and David Letterman, to show them how funny she could be. Well, that turned out to be illegal so she is in a bit of hot water...but still hilarious to gay bash someone. Reminds me a bit of the humor of Kevin Smith.

niles

I believe it was a trailer, not a house.

whatever tha fu*!/rockergirl

Is there any insurance on gay bashing !?

Lenn K.

The only way he didn't have insurance is if he had the paid the house off in full. If not, he's lying. Poor dog, now that's sad.

medeak

Amy Sedaris has a gay brother morons. His name is David Sedaris and she often does audio for his books on tape. They are both hysterical but too erudite for wrestling fans to get their humor

what????

Where did that picture go of him with the creepy beard?

puddintang

The guy was probably broke, which would explain why he didn't have insurance and was living in a double wide trailer.

youngwill

No insurance? This guy is an idiot. I'm sure he's mostly pissed because his 2 pounds of weed went up in smoke.

Nelson

Sorry about Jeff's lost, I can't understand not having fire insurance. Who cares about this amy douch bag.

Bratwurst Schmeckenhauser

OK, some issues set straight: 1) WWE wrestlers live in trailers. 2) WWE wrestlers home on fire = trailer lit = home engulfed in flames. Hard to imagine in a one-room-trailer. 3) he didnt have home insurance. Honestly, how can you insure a trailer as a home ? 4) Heck, what do I care ?

ashe

living in a double wide does not mean you are broke. in NC its a normal way of life and some people just do not need big expensive homes. also many people do not carry insurance on mobile homes because they drop in value quick. and some places will not insure a double wide that is over 5 - 10 years old.

i feel for jeff right now.. the loss of a pet is awful and i just hope he can get threw this.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments