ABBA Drummer Found Dead

3/17/2008 11:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Swedish super-band ABBA's long-time drummer Ola Brunkert was found dead in his Mallorca, Spain home over the weekend.

Spanish police say the gruesome death was caused by a freak accident in which Brunkert bled to death after puncturing his throat with a broken piece of glass. According to CNN, police believe the drummer may have fallen against a glass partition that separated his kitchen from his garden, causing the glass to break and fatally cut his throat.

Brunkert was not one of the four "famous" members of ABBA, but was a studio drummer who played on all their albums.

Gia

So sad! May he be at rest.

Steve

LongJohn69

Ola Brunkert? Now there's a household name for ya.

louisschefano

one of the greatest drummers of all time.

r.i.p.

hmfsr

It just goes to show that life is stranger than fiction, and our silly little lives are hanging on an invisible thread.

Hyperbole

Wow, what a horrible way to go. Kind of scary, really - reminds us that anyone can just be walking around their house, and all of a sudden trip on something and... ZOMG!! *dies*

Oduro S

R.I.P
I stii enjoy the music you and the other folks made. You were a great drummer. Thanks a lot.

GARY IN NEW YORK

Our Love to the swedish people who must be mourning the loss of a national icon. A terrible accident but what a contribution he made to the history of music and the swedes should be proud to have produced such a great band. GARY IN NYC

duh

This story is very sad.

But, I must comment on this idiot who keeps posting the "Amy Sedaris" faux stories. Exactly how does this gruesome death story remind you of some fake person who is supposedly stalking and gay bashing someone? Obviously trying to get people to go to your stupid website. I'm surprised you don't claim to have seen this guy on your millionaire dating site. Give us all a break already.

man0war777

2. This story reminds me of that gay dude that Amy Sedaris has been stalking and gay bashing and trying to drive to suicide. There should be a PETA for humans.

Posted at 11:42AM on Mar 17th 2008 by fundaydet

Huh? What correlation does this story have with gay-bashing and suicide. Do you even understand what you've just read? The poor guy supposedly accidentally died from a broken glass (which he must have accidentally fallen over) that was from the glass partition separating his kitchen and garden that cut his throat. Tell me where in the article does it mention anything about suicide. Before you make senseless comments like this, do ensure you fully comprehend the content of the article PLEASE! Obviously, you're just another PETA kool-aid drinker! Peace!

Specailk007

I grew up with hearing ABBA play cuz of my parents but WOW!!! That is sad and VERY strange freak accident. Who wudda guessed?!?! Poor man, but hopefully his family/friends will get over this smoothly, well as smoothly as anyone can. RIP

KIERON

Thats really sad.He was a great drummer.He reminds me of the drummer from Brazen Angelz.
Cheers
Kieron

Stealth

Hey there,
tragic news.I used to practice to those songs he recorded.
Slainte
Check out my band BRAZEN ANGELZ
www.myspace.com/brazenangelzuk.com
STealth

stacy

I agree that this story has nothing to do with Amy Sedaris but allow me to correct you Mr Duh, Amy is a real person, not a "fake person". She is a comedian.

s dot

Whoa!! His death was like something out of a final destination movie. How cool is that?!!! I hope they make one of the deaths in part 4 something like this. He went out like a champ.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments