Suicide at Mel's Place

3/19/2008 8:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ a construction worker committed suicide at one of Mel Gibson's homes today.

It happened at Mel's Agoura Hills home -- near Malibu. The construction worker was 48-years-old. We're told he hanged himself. The body was found by the job site foreman.

The Sheriff's substation in Lost Hills took the call at 8:07 AM -- that's the same station where Mel was taken after his DUI arrest in 2006.

Mel was not at the house when the body was discovered. A law enforcement source says no one from Gibson's family was living at the house -- it is currently under heavy construction.

The house is less than a mile from his church -- The Holy Family Catholic Church -- where Mel's daughter was married back in September, 2006.

Mel has never lived on the compound.

UPDATE
: Law enforcement sources say the body was found hanging in the addition to the home that was being built and was in "full-body rigor mortis" and the hanging could have occurred last night.

Story developing ...

soCool

does this men your done bragging about your unit?

April Fouels

This Reminds me SO much of a Movie i did with Sean Penn as my younger brother called, THE GAME

Kelli

That FIGHT, he is a real smart one. Not a happy blog, rip guy.

for the haters!

not something to joke about!

April Fouels

If your number is up, it is up......PERIOD

soCool

what ? rico's angry inch??

for the haters!

go look up dictionary.com for the explanation of the use of the words hung and hanged. TMZ wont let me post the segment on here for some reason but you will see that hung himself can be correctly used in this instance.

April Fouels

I Was on American Idol.............AND WON IN THE END

FIGHT

lol WTF ... I'm an anti-semitic MAN now? Wow.

Okay ... first, I'm a woman.

Second, I've got nothing against Jews. The only thing I can think of that you might be referring to is the article about Will Smith "defending Hitler". I went off about the JDL because there's something about supremacist, terrorist organizations that rub me the wrong way. I also questioned TMZ's veracity because they talked about the JDL like they were a sane,. credible group. I'm not a fan of organized religion, or militant-ass governments, but I've never subjected TMZers to those views of mine - until now.

Oooooh, wait ... I think I know what I said. Someone was going on about how much Jewish people have suffered, and how sensitive our thoughts and words should be because of that, and I said something like "yeah, well my people are still suffering, and when have the Jews ever helped us?". Some of my favorite individuals are/were Jews ... activists, scientists, philosophers, poets, musicians, writers, etc. Jewish people have contributed to the arts and sciences, in my opinion, more than any other race of people. But yeah ... I don't think the Jews, as a "nation", have helped other people enough to ask for so much special treatment. I've never heard of Israel "saving the day" for any non-jews. I don't pretend to know or understand Jewish suffering though. I think it's a very touchy, and often infuriating and depressing, topic ... I try to just avoid it. If you hadn't called me a man I would have ignored your post entirely.

B. Smart

ONE DOWN AND ONLY 8,999,999,999 TO GO.

THANK YOU. ONE LESS DUMB-ASS IDIOT WHO WON'T BE: USING MY PRECIOUS NATURAL RESOUCES, POLLUTING THE AIR WITH TONS OF CARBON MONOXIDE WITH THEIR CAR, EMITTING TONS METHANE GAS FROM THEIR BODY, EATING MY FOOD, CLOGGING UP THE FREEWAYS AND SURFACE STREETS, WASTING PRECIOUS WATER, PRODUCING CHILDREN WHO CROWD OUT MINE IN SCHOOL, BUYING A HOME MADE FROM TREES, GETTING OLD & DECREPID AND THEN HAVING TAXPAYER FOOT THE BILL (MEDI-CAL) FOR THEIR HEALTH CARE WHEN THEY ARE TOO OLD AND SICK TO WORK!!!!. YAY!!!. LET'S PARTY!!! MAKE SURE TO GIVE THIS GUY TOAST TONIGHT IF YOU ARE DRINKING.

April Fouels

Mik, What is ACE hardware

Kelli

LOL! FIGHT sure has big knockers for a dude!! I told ya she was smart!

FIGHT

LOL Kelli, thank you ... I think.

Maybe we have matching stalkers?

April Fouels

Yeah...Right....And I am a Lesbian Trapped in a Male Body....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAAAA

FIGHT

I think mine wears frilly pink things.