"Bachelor" Went Bali Hai, NOT Baghdad

3/20/2008 5:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Andy BaldwinIt was widely reported that former "Bachelor" hunk, Navy Lt. Andy Baldwin, was doing his patriotic duty by trading his civilian Speedos to fight in Iraq. But it's not true -- turns out Baldwin was in the South Pacific! Did we invade Tahiti too?!

A Navy rep tells TMZ the tantastic muscle man was actually in Palau -- no, not competing on "Survivor" -- but as part of a recovery team doing an underwater excavation of a B-24J bomber that went down during WWII.

Sounds like a government sponsored scuba vacay to us!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kelli

Don't hate him because he is beautiful.

Amanda

he is still serving our country- which is more than you idiots at tmz are doing

Carol

Who cares?

Liz

He could Tahiti me anytime he wanted to!

AJ

He is a Doctor for the dive team. He was doing his duty. He was there to make sure the divers had medical attention if they needed it.

Black Teef

Total F A G

Hmmmmmm

OK....now sorry to go political on here.....BUT, this is part of the reason why this country is going down the crapper!!!! Not because he went to the site to oversee whatever, but because our country is falling apart right in front of our eyes!!! They keep spending millions on the space program.....ENOUGH SPACE!!!! We've seen it all!!! I'm more interested in the Social Security system going broke....banks on the brink of "bankruptcy".....Marines in Tahiti digging up PLANES????!!!!! LEAVE IT THE "F" DOWN THERE!!!!!!! What the hell do we "NEED" this plane for?? Is someone missing and in it??? OMG, don't get me started on the bazillions going to fix Iraq - a place WE destroyed!!!!!

OK......that guy's got a body to DIE for!!! The face, not so much.

Jewels

I live in Palau and I didn't know her was here!!!!

James Q. Padaleki

IF I WAS A MP I WOULD PLACE THIS DUDE ANDY BALDWIN UNDER ARREST THE FIRST TIME HE SPEEDS HIS HUMVEE PAST MY CRUISER. THEN I WOULD ORDER THIS DUDE TO PLACE HIS HANDS BEHIND HIS BACK AND CUFF HIM COMFORTABLY PUT TIGHTLY. THEN I WOULD ESCORT HIM WHILE HE'S ALL TIED UP TO THE BARRACKS. IF HE ACTS LIKE A MAN I'LL GET HIM A FEMALE MP TO INTERROGATE HIM. IF HE ACTS LIKE A WUZ I'LL INTEROGATE HIM ALL DAY AND NIGHT.

Beverley

Well, He never lied, just the media and gossip rags who reported it wrong. I don't see anything wrong with that.

And what use would a navy diver have in the midde of Iraq? Not too much water to dive into there.

Kelli

#11, we dont need to know that.

E. L. Thomas

To #8 who posted - you can always leave this country if you are not happy with it and TRY to find someplace better. ADIOS!

Jewels

To Jeeeeeeeezzzzuuuuuuussssss,

Over 100 US service men have gone missing in action in Palau since WWII.. Don't the family members of these service men have a right to find out what happened to their loved ones and have some closure?

For you information, Palau has a free association compact with the US. With this compact the US military is responsible for Palau's defense and Palauians are allowed to serve in the US military, which we proudly do. Palu also uses the US Dollar as our currancy.

TMZ FAN

I'd hang out with him .. I'm just say'en

James Q. Padaleki

I HAVE THIS FANTASY. COULD THIS DUDE CARESS MY CHEST AND LISTEN TO MY HEART, AND THEN IF I FEEL TOO SUBMISSIVE I COULD JUMP ON THIS DUDE, LOOK FOR SOME TAPE AND TIE HIM UP AS TIGHTLY AS POSSIBLE BEFORE WE MAKE LOVE.?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments