Poison's Rikki Rockett

Arrested on Rape Warrant

3/28/2008 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0328_rikki_rockett_fm-1The drummer for everyone's fave 80's hair band, Poison, was arrested Monday on a rape warrant out of Mississippi as he got off a flight from New Zealand at LAX.

46-year-old Rikki Rockett was busted by the Airport Division of the LAPD as he was going through customs. As the LA Daily News first reported, Rockett, a former hairdresser whose real name is Richard Ream, was transported to the L.A. County Jail, where he was booked on a felony fugitive sexual assault warrant out of Neshoba County, Mississippi. Where Rockett is exactly right now we don't know.

Information about the warrant and specific charges was not immediately available.

Rockett and singer Bret Michaels -- high school classmates -- founded Poison together. He was in New Zealand to reunite and perform with other original members of the band at Rock2Wellington, a huge heavy metal show.

Julie Reid

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS FOR A SECOND, RIKKI ROCKET?? COME ON, IT WAS PROBABLY SOME LITTLE GIRL WHO LIED ABOUT HER AGE JUST TO GET SOME FROM A ROCK STAR AND TO SAY SHE DID!!!! I'VE BEEN A FAN OF POISON FOR 20 YEARS AND THERES NO WAY HE WOULD DO THIS!!!!!!

Karrie

Oh my God, this cannot be true. I am so shocked to this about him. He's a popular rock star and in a relationship. I cannot fathum why he would do something like this. He can still go to any town and find someone who would love to be with him. I wouldn't think he would have to force anyone to have sex with him. He will be proven innocent. And to the Kelli person who keeps poking fun at this, knock it off and find something better to do.

mikey

For all the people that say they know him and blah blah blah,there are these things called drugs and alcohol that sometimes make you do crazy things.I just thought i should mention that, cause i've seen people who i thought were the nicest , kindest person act like a maniac. If he was a rapper i wonder what you people would be saying then about innocent until proven guilty.

Moriah

I'm pretty sure dude is gay, but ok.. let's see some proof.

clk

There's a lot going on in the world that I would believe but this isn't one of them. To this day, Poison's got so many freakin' groupies, why in the hell would Rikki have to use rape?? I think someone seen $$. Too bad Karma has a way of turning around on them.

stand strong

I am with those of you who believe that Rikki couldn't have done this. His fiancee was with him on the road all last tour!! I fear it may be a set-up. Someone earlier talked about him giving sincere, genuine rockers a bad name.... he is actually one of THE most sincere people I have met in the business. I simply cannot believe that this could have actually happened. We are all behind you Rikki & will continue to support you!

stand strong

Mike... to your comment about drugs & alcohol... because we do know Rikki, we also know he is NOT a big drinker and does not do drugs. I have never seen him out of control or conducting himself in anyway that would be considered inappropriate or out of line. He is a good man who sincerely and deeply loves his fiancee. I hope this will all be cleared soon.

shadowplay

This is ridiculous! Why would anyone "raped" by a celebrity wait several DAYS to report it? I've seen Rikki in action, he doesn't need to force himself on anyone, not to mention he's one of the nicest guys out there: If you straight up say "I'm not a groupie/whore & am not here to screw you" he's totally cool with it. Even if he's screwed around when Mel wasn't looking, he still has no NEED to force himself on anybody! I hope this idiot who reports this gets what SHE deserves when Rikki is vindicated!

Scott

Ah hahahah WOW! Me and my buddies ate breakfast with this guy and his girfriend back in 87 the day after RATT Poison concert...RAPIST???? I would of taken him as a child molester before a rapist....Ewwwwww

Scott

I just also found out from Lithium Junkie that he blew a Rikki Rocket Poison fart in this bitchs face....thats why she is pissed...I dont blame her...You see cuz Lithium met him a biliion times thats how Lithium knows...Man I wish I was LIthium...How cool!

Robyn

I don't believe this at all. I met him and the band about 5 years ago. He is very nice and respectful. I became good friends with him. Everytime they come into town we get to go hang out after the show. I've seen A Lot backstage. Believe me...These girl's will do whatever it takes to get 1 minute of their time. I feel sorry for HIM not her. She must have thought she would be a "Rocker's Wife" and live the "Fantasy". What? Did she wake up the next day and say "Oh no!" "I slept with a Rockstar better get checked and say it was "Rape" Best of luck to ya bud. I hope it all work's out .

PoisonfanfromPA

There is no way Rikki did this. Im from the same town as Bret and Rikki and have met them both several times and can assure the rest of us Poison fans out there that the charges will be dropped.

JOEY SINNER

YEA RIGHT ROCKETT DOESNT NEED TO RAPE, SOUNDS LIKE THE SAME BROAD THAT BLAMED OUR BOY KOBE BRYANT FOR RAPE WHEN SHE GAVE HIM THE KEY TO HER ROOM AND CONSENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yvonne

I met rikki last summer in altlantic city. I had a broken ankle and was stuck in a wheel chair for the show. After the show me,myson,, and my neighbor went outside and he was the only member meeting fans. His security man told him he had one more and that I was in a wheel chair; and did he want them to help me on the bus or did he want to come out. He came out and he said "aww what happened to you" I told him I had been in an accident and broke my ankle. He was gracious enough to give me a hug,

Old Poison Fan

I bet this is a publicity stunt, I wouldn't put it past them.