Wouldn't You Like to Beat a Pepper, Too?

4/8/2008 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who became famous with a Dr Pepper commercial -- as in "I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper...." -- has pleaded no contest to domestic battery.

The incident occurred right outside Vegas shortly before midnight on January 28, when David Naughton -- who was so famous from the 1978 commercials he went on to star in "An American Werewolf in London" -- Hot Mugs -- click to launchgot into it with his wife of five months. According to the police report obtained by TMZ, the 57-year-old actor was arguing with his wife on the phone, which escalated when he came home, allegedly "grabbing her arms and throwing her around."

According to the police report, Naughton was arrested for "Domestic Battery, 1st offense ... due to the fact that he used willful and unlawful force against his wife by placing his hands upon her, grabbing her in a forceful manner and throwing her around."

The bad Doc, who scored the disco hit "Makin' It" in 1979, was sentenced to 30 days in jail. Of that, 28 days were suspended. He served one day when he was popped, and served his second day in the clink on Monday.

lady48cat

Not Judgeing just saying.Urgon you also have a valid point.

Kelli

lady48cat, I hope you hear from her. Anon, have faith!!

pchas

His pix belong in "Memba Him?"

lady48cat

Or I understade your words Urgon

It' OK Buddy

I said the same thing you know! ...

I get the feeling some times that my posts are invisible......

angopionion

He is kind of looking like a shriveled up old pepper now. I am sure his wife could of whoped him back to his doctor pepper days.

tmz fan

Wow, the old "Makin' It " song! I haven't heard that one in YEARS. Doesn't that bring back old, fond memories? yeah, me neither.

GrapeApe

This guy has a record for domestic violence in California too. I worked at a hosiptal in Burbank, California and he came in after having a knock down, drag out fight with his wife? girlfriend? This was back in the 80's. This guy is a hot headed loser.

Justme

OH TTTTMMMMZZZZ, HARVY YOU ARE THE ONE TO GET DOCKS AT THE COURT HOUSE, BUT where are paps ???
You should be talking to the lawyers, caz KEANU team just hired Lindsey Lohans bunch to help in that Silva case.After all wasnt it your bunch who beat the smart ass up last week? If not THEY SHOULD, Silva is sueing those guys too yet not a word at all from TMZ. To me this is more news and bigger than 30 yrs ago, If yall need the info its all over the net OH< EXCEPT HERE.

WE WANT THE DIRT. I Still Loves Ya Harv.........

KR Love

"Making It"...I haven't heard that song in ages...Loved the old Dr.Pepper commercials. I would've never thought that he would be abusive, heh.

Kelli

Makin it? I used to roller skate with my pom-poms on to that song! WOW! I am going to check you tube right now and see if it is on there. I still do not approve of his violent past against women though and can't stand Dr.Pepper. You might as well down a bottle of corn syrup.

Muzzy

Married five months and he did this? Obviously there were signs before their marriage. To all of you women out there who marry your man and think he will change, understand how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand how hard it is to change others. Grab yourself a backbone and leave these types of losers.

KR Love

Kelli, I skated to it too! I also loved "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire too;)

Kelli

It's like 7 minutes long. I enjoyed it for a couple of minutes and then it got annoying! September is much better! I am listening to that now. I remember "Disco Duck" but I know not to go there! :)

Kelli

LOL! It took me to "Boogie Wonderland." Earth,Wind and Fire also. You must be my age. :)