Wouldn't You Like to Beat a Pepper, Too?

4/8/2008 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who became famous with a Dr Pepper commercial -- as in "I'm a Pepper, You're a Pepper...." -- has pleaded no contest to domestic battery.

The incident occurred right outside Vegas shortly before midnight on January 28, when David Naughton -- who was so famous from the 1978 commercials he went on to star in "An American Werewolf in London" -- Hot Mugs -- click to launchgot into it with his wife of five months. According to the police report obtained by TMZ, the 57-year-old actor was arguing with his wife on the phone, which escalated when he came home, allegedly "grabbing her arms and throwing her around."

According to the police report, Naughton was arrested for "Domestic Battery, 1st offense ... due to the fact that he used willful and unlawful force against his wife by placing his hands upon her, grabbing her in a forceful manner and throwing her around."

The bad Doc, who scored the disco hit "Makin' It" in 1979, was sentenced to 30 days in jail. Of that, 28 days were suspended. He served one day when he was popped, and served his second day in the clink on Monday.

WangoTango

He was in "My Sister Sam" http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0622544/bio
Domestic violence sucks.

Twinker

#57..Yes, Sandy "glass eye" Duncan...Her dad didn't like her and called her ugly saying her sister Robin was the "pretty one" and all Sandy's fame should have all been for her sister...It was all very awkward..."Mr. Mancil" never had a picture of Sandy but of Robin at the gas station.

I never got hetero vibes from David Naughton... I used to get him confused with Denny Terrio from Dance Fever...

Robert

WOWE DOWN, OK IS JUST A LITTLE PREPOSSESSED THAT NO ONE WILL CONVERSE WITH HER.OR POSSIBLY THAT I HAVEN'T SAID HI TO HER TODAY? SORRY I'LL CHEC YALL LATER, GOT BIZ TOMORROW.

Julie-J.B.

Ha! I actually remember those commercials! (Showing my age!) He was also on Seinfeld: the guy Elaine was dating who fell off the wagon because Jerry set Elaine's alcoholic drink in front of him at her office Christmas party.

Robert

good night ok, good night kelli :-)

niles

this can't be true, a "Pepper" would never do such a thing. she was probably one of those skanky Coke swillers.

pie

David played the surgen in the 1974 film: "Planet of the Apes" - Sounds like he went ape on their wife.

Ramone

Oh yeah...I remember this guy from AMERICAN WEREWOULF

WHAT THE F?

Can't TMZ come up with some better news these days????

Are you guys sinking without Brit????

allison

Dang,sounds like he needs some anger management classes

It' OK Buddy

Believe me.....Kelli was a looser a long time ago!!!

YONKERS, NY

YES YES YES!!! I CAN FEEL THE HATRED ON THIS SITE AND IT FEELS GOOD!!! HATE EACH OTHER! HURT EACH OTHER! CUSS EACH OTHER!! INSULT THE OTHER ONE TO THE VERY CORE OF THEIR EMOTIONS AND TO THE VERY DEPTHS OF THEIR FEARS! THAT IS WHAT I WANT FROM YOU! THAT IS WHAT I EXPECT FROM THE FOUL VULGARITY THAT LIVES WITHIN EACH AND EVERY ONE! CAN YOU FEEL IT? CAN YOU TASTE IT? THE SMILES YOU WEAR WHEN YOU SENSE THE TEARS POURING FROM THE OTHERS' FACE? LIVE ON THAT! ITS WHAT MAKES US THRIVE!! ITS WHAT MAKES ME THRILLED!!!, AND ITS WHAT WILL BE ON YOUR MINDS AS YOU ROAST FOREVER SCREAMING IN TOTAL AND COMPLETE DARKNESS AND AGONY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy To Be Me

Depending upon the complaintant..((And, no, I don't know any of the parties involved).

What TMZ reports is, :According to the police report, Naughton was arrested for "Domestic Battery, 1st offense ... due to the fact that he used willful and unlawful force against Seann by placing his hands upon her, grabbing her in a forceful manner and throwing her around." What they don't tell us, is what was the defendant's role. This story seems one-sided, what happened to journalism, does it not exist anymore????

Not knowing what ensued before this, it sounds as if the accused was rather kind, in my opintion. What I've learned is that TMZ "Reporters" are usually illegal ailens who give their footage to Howard, et. al., may God forbid. Their days are coming soon, they will see what I mean. For they and all reading these posts (I've purposefully stayed away until tonight0, What we endorse, by vistiting TMZ, is what is wrong with America today, no matter how titallating Soon, someday soon, we will ask for forgiveness for visiting these sites, to keep up with "How is Britney Doing?" It's a sad statement for America, and how we think, and what we feel is important. All I can say is, I'm happy I've become a hermit. - Happy To Be Me

P.S.: Grabbing someone by their arm, and tossling them around, to get them to stop, under certain conditions, is perfectly untderstandable and humane. I've known personal situations where restraining someone, (within reason, and without force), is the best thing to do. Yet, not knowing the mental unstablemess of the compaintant, it is not known whether holding ones arms is a bad thing????

Without the full story, one cannot judge. It sounds as if the complaintant is trying to gather sympathy, and my core of my being tells me she/he is in it for the money. Ya'll beware, God sees all, and there ain't no place you can hide....:(

YONKERS, NY

GO TO BED HERMIT, OR I'LL GET CHA!

Happy To Be Me

Kelli - tonight, you have my sympathy. Wtat jerks... mr. pepper is talking. and no, i'm not on his side. They both suck, especially if that is really him. that mean, he sucks more than the complaintant, and maybe that perosn is right. until it is heard in a court of law, it is all unkown, is all I was trying to say..... If true, mr pepper is a bitch, and maybe complaintant has a legal stand. it'll all come out in the courts...Night Kelli...:) Sorry, they beat up on you...:(

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

REALITY SHOWS ARE "OVERKILL" .........TO MANY OF THEM ,

MAKE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ............THAT'S ONE REASON WHY

THERE'S SO MANY OF THEM .............APPROX OVER 200 .........

REALITY SHOWS ARE A WASTE OF TIME .............