Archuleta Saw "Angels" Way Before Idol

4/9/2008 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Archuleta made it seem like he just found the song "Angels" for his performance last night -- shame, shame, everybody knows your name -- it's been in his repertoire for years!

Check out a pre-"Idol" David singing (and perfecting) the Robbie Williams song back in 2005. This isn't the first time he's pulled out one of his old standards either -- he did the same thing with "Imagine."

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

VANGIE

HE IS NOT BOGUS NOR IS HE FAKE.. HE PLAYED THE FRIGGIN PIANO ON HIS IDOL PERFORMANCE... IM SURE THATS WHAT HE MEANT ABOUT IT BEING NEW AND ALL AND HOW EVERYTHING WORKED OUT... GOODNESS PEOPLE READ BETWEEN THE LINES SOMETIMES....TMZ IM TALKING TO YOU!

Heather

I am not a tween girl...I'm 41. And I picked David Archuleta to win when there were 24 contestants. I haven't changed my mind yet. Each week, he impresses me. His inhales do not bother me. The fact that he overcame vocal paralysis is quite inspiring. But most of all, he is unique, fresh, and VERY humbled by the judges' praise. Yes, he has sung in his church, his school, Star Search, etc.... but the is American Idol, and it is the BIG TIME. I also like Jason Castro, for the same reason, he is unique. David Cook is talented, but he's the one who sings covers of covers, and gets the praise for "taking a risk." All of the girls are okay at best.
DAVID ARCHULETA WILL BE THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL...GET OVER IT.

sad day

I like David Archuleta and I gave him a vote.
David Cook is my favorite to WIN. He does rock. Rockers sell ton's of CD's. He can really make a song his own. Which nobody else can really do as well as him. He just might me another Daughtry. Keep Rockin David Cook......

montana_chic

To Star:

Jessica Simpson sang this song.

Ange

hey heather way too early to be saying he is this years idol same thing happened with daughtry in season 5 favored to win everyone said that and he got voted off so don't say he is the american idol just yet

sad day

TMZ, what about little DAVID ARCHULETA gay fing. I know you can't wait to confront him on it. Love to see his face then. LOLOL

I guess he'll be kicked out of the MORMON cult. Maybe not. They could use some more of his money. So lets keep it in the closet.

This kid is so playing the game, its not funny. Come on TMZ to your JOB!!!!

sad day

TMZ, what about little David Arhculetas gay fling. Go do your job and get the story, his fan's deserves to know. Or maybe he will lose some fans.

I guess he will kicked out of the Mormon cult. Maybe not, they could use some more of his money. Let keep in the closet.

This kid is so playing the game and his fans for the votes.

Come on TMZ, get the juice dirty story from David Archuleta himself.

sad day

David Cook is going to take it all!!!! Wait and see. He is so much more talented He is a performer, he can really rearange the music to suit him the most. He really go out of his comfort zone. HE GET MY VOTE...I don't hate Archuleta just think he is not near as good a COOK. David Archuleta is a singer that is it. He has a lot to learn on performing. For 17 he is doing GREAT.

Heck, last week, Randy was ready to sign him NOW. LOL