Do You Know Who This Person Is?

4/17/2008 11:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Walter MercadoIt's not Barbara Walters, designer Carolina Herrera or some Park Avenue society matron, but Spanish language television's resident flamboyant astrologer -- Walter Mercado! That's right, es un hombre! What's your, er, sign?!

The 76-year-old Puerto Rican sensation -- who is loved by every Hispanic grandmother from New York to L.A. for his horoscopes & flawless makeup -- is currently appearing on VH1's camptastic telenovela reality show, "¡Viva Hollywood!" Oh my stars!

Bobby Trendy, meet your long lost, lip-glossed Latin abuelita!

Corey Smith

first!

paige

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!

DS

Why is that disgusting? I think he looks pretty damn good for a 76 year-old...much better than most of the ladies his age traipsing through Hollywood.

c1rodz

Dude this queen has been around forever doing astrology. If you are not hispanic you won't know who he is.

Liz

Oh my, that is just disgusting and I was about to have anice dinner!

Girl, are thos emerald's real?

Robert

It's funny how TMZ barely found out about this guy, he's been a mainstay on spanish tv for MANY years. This guy is one big joke, he reminds me of Liberace, eccentric and dramatic when he reads the astrology report, and gives me the jeepers creepers. I am hispanic, and am embarrased that this person is even allowed air time.

gissele

WALTER TE VEZ MUY BIEN FELICIDADES POR TU NUEVO PROGRAMA QUE DUOS TE BENDIGA

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

TMZ .............CAN'T YOU FOUND GOOD NEWS ................ARE YOU DIGGING FROM THE BOTTOM OF BARREL

TO FOUND NEWS????????????????/

SS

LOL. I had totally forgotten about Walter Mercado. Ahhh his chessy way of telling the viewers their horoscopes. LOVE HIS wardrobe BY THE WAY, LOVE IT. My brother in law a fellow Boricua (Puerto Rican for you non Latinos) is embarrassed they are from the same island. But go to say that when I do catch Primer Impacto and he is on I watch it bc I like to hear the crap he says. Ohh and last time I saw he had a freaking assistant....... CLASSIC!!

lol

I think this guy is hilarious. My mother worked with him while she was a secretary at a now defunct hispanic publication in Miami. I love how he says my sign in spanish very dramatically, "TAAAAAUUUUURRRRRROO"

Weirdenstein

Looks a bit like Sharon Gless. Great campy fella! Not sure why anyone would say he's disgusting. Every family has some sort of super sissy or bull dagger. Reality folks!

Christy Fisty

Wow. I haven't seen this cat in FOREVER.
I used to scan the Spanish-speaking stations pretty regularly hoping to catch his, erm... show.
I didn't understand it much, but I was HOOKED.

He's ferosh.

Bubblebunny

Leona ! Only better.

chincho

OMFG!!! I used to watch him all the time...I always thought he was kind of fun...

hethyonda girl

I LOVE WALTER I WATCH HER EVERYDAY FOR MY HORE SCOPE!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments