« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

David Cook Won't Royally Screw Kids

5/2/2008 12:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David CookRoyals fans can rest easy -- there won't be 25 crying kids in the crowd when David Cook comes to town.

Cook was approached by the Kansas City Royals to sing the national anthem at game on May 9. The problem is 25 elementary kids were already booked.

A spokesperson for the Royals told TMZ that Cook didn't feel comfortable bumping the kids -- so he'll sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the 7th inning stretch instead, and throw out the first pitch.

Cook was invited to the game because if he survives another week of "Idol," he'll be making a trip home Blue Springs, MO. for a visit.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

kiero

i bet he will bring his blonde bimbo gf with him lol....

poobear

cool person..hopefully he stays this nice!

Smooshy

Good for him. Sounds like a nice guy. Sometimes the nice guy does finish first. I hope this is one of those times on Idol.

JessBcuz

Probably doesnt KNOW the national anthem. Hardy-har-har!!! Relax David Cook obsessor(s)...it's a JOKE!! Happy Friday!! Yippeeeeeeee!!!!

Sheryl

What a class act.

DCookiemonster

Aww that is so sweet of David-he is such a sweetheart

Tori

YAY! It looks like I will be headed to the K next Friday!

tracy

he's such a sweetheart. i hope he wins!

Tired and Ready for A Nap

I like David Cook. He's got our household votes going forward. I hope he wins for a variety of reasons. Good luck!

writergal

He's amazing and our next american idol! keep it up david!

Me

I'm not a big David Cook fan, but that was a really nice, classy gesture on his part.

jsskak

I hope David Cook wins too! His adorable little sideways grin makes my heart melt!

Anonymous

First off, the only reason he wont sing the national anthem is because its a hard song to do. You really have to have a GREAT voice to pull it off, and he cant sing it for beans. All he does is holler and scream. Second, he wont be the next idol, and I hope he gets booted off soon cause he's so stuck on himself and he thinks hes the best thing to come around the idol stage! News flash, big forehead man, your time is up!

Jemba

#10 are you kidding???? You must be over 40 if you think all he does is scream. He is easily the most talented contestant to ever be in American Idol. Let me guess, you like David A ??? I can listen to him sing anytime.... I just have to play my kids Sesame Street CDs.

GrannyJ

David was one of our favorites on the show from the get-go. I'm sure those kids will be doubly thrilled now. David seems like he's a real decent guy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments