Alec Smarts on "60 Min."

5/11/2008 9:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alec Baldwin vented on "60 Minutes" about the voice mail message to his daughter which TMZ first published. He also trashes Kim Basinger's lawyer.

In the segment, which airs tonight, Baldwin says, "You get so frustrated, and you realized, number one, and it's wrong. It's totally wrong ... that I was really speaking to someone else when I left that message. I was pissed. I had been putting up with this for six years."

As for calling his daughter a "thoughtless little pig," Baldwin thinks the real damage is that the voice mail went public.

Baldwin's venom was targeted at Basinger's lawyer, Judy Bogen. When asked about his comment that she resembled "a 300 pound homunculus with a face like a clinched fist," he said he was being "kind" and that it was not abusive given what she put him through.

Tonight, Bogan's law partner, Neal Hersh, blasted Baldwin, saying, "His personal attacks were socially and morally unacceptable, not to mention inaccurate. He defended his actions rather than take responsibility."

BTW, a homunculus is "a miniature adult that in the theory of preformation is held to inhabit the germ cell and to produce a mature individual merely by an increase in size."

Elle

jacee665 and just stating a fact- you have no idea what happened regarding leaking that tape. For all you know, Ireland herself leaked it (kids are more than savvy enough with computers and the internet to do something like that). Regardless, it's besides the point. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR A PARENT TO CALL THEIR CHILD NAMES- WHICH IS VERBAL ABUSE. I don't know if either of your husbands did that or not, but "parental alienation" is not an acceptable justification for verbally abusing a child. Alec can direct his anger towards the adults involved in this case as much as he wants- they're adults, so they can take it. Verbally abusing his daughter is unacceptable, and until Alec Baldwin can understand that and take FULL responsibility for it, then it's highly unlikely he'll change. Hopefully your husbands are showing more restraint with their children.

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

Alex is number one , when it comes to DRAMA KING . celebs whine about anything and everything .

These people aren't happy , doesn't matter how much money they've . they're whiners.

IF any woman becomes his new girlfriend / wife , she's completely nuts like him .

Many celebs are overrated and there 15 minutes expired , Years ago .

In the last 10 years , I'm so tired of them whine .............they remind me of drama queens / kings .

If any person goes out and buy there products , no matter what it is , then they're crazy like the CELEBS .

why make celebs rich when you're poor . Then driving expensive cars , mansions and there closets are

bigger than your entire home ...... TAKE YOUR MONEY FOR GASOLINE , GROCERIES ,,,,,,,,,,,,

H.E.L.L. WITH CELEBS ............

KMM

I am amazed, simply amazed that no one commenting on this post has ever said something to their kids that they regretted and wished they could take back. What a bunch of angels you all are!

Nshado

"As for calling his daughter a "thoughtless little pig," Baldwin thinks the real damage is that the voice mail went public"

Hmmm...okay so it's alright that you called her that, you're only concerned that the public found out? What an A$$!!
I dealt with an abusive husband for over a decade and they are all the same, blame everyone else for you're bad behavior and own up to your faults. Life is too friggin' short to hold that much animosity for that many years against anyone. It shows he has
A)no respect for the female gender whether his ex-wife, her lawyer or his child.
B)has no remorse for his violent and angry outbursts.
C) is just a mental midget and a jerk. Period.
That type of attitude creates mental issues in your children, and this is speaking from experience. Move on with your life and keep our kid out of it!!

celebutaunter77

I call EVERYONE a "thoughtless little pig."

Dillsmom

The real damage is calling your daughter a thoughtless little pig.

Poor Ireland, all she's going to remember about her childhood is her parents bickering and fighting. I know I'm only reading what the press wants me to read but it feels like Alec needs to get over his divorce.

I'm a child of divorce and Like #8, I too am married to a man who has an ex from hell. I do know what it's like on the father's side. But I can tell you that my husband would NEVER, EVER, call his children thoughless little pigs or any other name for that matter. The sad thing is that my husband's ex uses the kids or money to get at my ex and it all started when he told her he remarried. She has hauled him back to court for more money only to have her support reduced and that still didn't stop her. I can go on and on.

One thing that Mr. Baldwin needs to understand is that when children reach a certain age, it feels like their friends or even time alone in their room is more important then their parents. So, when your child misses a phone call or doesn't want to come see you, don't take it personally, it's not always mom, it's just your child growing up!

stopthepresses

I would like to see TMZ post one of those "Who'd You Rather" MOST HATE TO HAVE TO LOOK AT AGAIN AS LONG AS YOU LIVE with several options. I can think of a few names right off the top of my head: Alec, Tom Cruise, Rosie O'Donnell, OJ, Star Jones, Heather Mills. It would be a difficult choice. Could we choose "All of the Above"?

celebutaunter77

Dillsmom- did you name your kid Dill?
Just messin' with you, I'm bored out of my mind at work.

celebutaunter77

Let's take a poll-
I VOTE I NEVER WANT TO SEE ROSIE AGAIN! Though it was a tough decision between her and Heather Mills.

freedomisnotfree

alec baldwin,a thoughtless whiney cry baby pig

Raz

As someone who has personally been through a nasty custody battle, all I can say is Kim Basinger and her lawyer are probably the real thoughtless pigs. The daughter is a victim of maternal manipulation.

freedomisnotfree

alec didn't want his pig mouth exposed could you imagine what else he said in private.

haha

Some of you people really need to take a look at yourselves, there is NOT a parent out there that hasnt said something in Anger to their kid, and If there is then they are probaly Heavily medicated. Alec Baldwin's rant at his kid was something that should of been kept Private. If we all have to worry about what we say ended up in some tabloid everyone better Keep their MOUTHS SHUT from now on.
Take a real good look at yourself before you start putting down other people!

JaneaneTheAcerbicGoblin

Alec is actually a damn fine actor and pretty articulate. Unfortunately, he picked a lot of bad movies in the 1990's, and he hasn't aged particularly well either. He's a supporting actor now. He's still good, but a lot of wasted potential.

His best role was his speech in Glengarry Glen Ross.

Fed up In Indiana

Parental Alienation. Alot of women do it to their ex husbands. Just ask Rebecca Nix. She has done it to her ex husband ever since they got their divorce! Just remeber this all you new wives out there, when the children grow up, the ex wives can no longer brain wash them!!!!!