Oprah's Dead Bitches!

5/14/2008 7:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Proving everything she touches turns to gold, Oprah Winfrey's dead dogs have been turned into a masterpiece.
Oprah's dead dogs
A life-size monument by controversial sculptor Daniel Edwards depicts conjoined-at-the-hip 'puppy versions' of Oprah's late Cocker Spaniel Sophie and Golden Retriever Gracie atop of the unwed 54-year-old's head. So wrong.

"Memories of Sophie and Gracie: A Puppies' Memorial" -- which opens May 22 at the Leo Kesting Gallery -- hopes to highlight "the overlooked threat of accidental pet fatality by common household products." Sophie died earlier this year of kidney failure, while Gracie passed in 2007 from choking on a ball.

This is the latest A-list mock of art created by Edwards -- the same artist responsible for The Paris Hilton Autopsy and the sculpture of a nude Britney Spears giving birth on a rug.

See Also

Oprah: Big, Bronzed and Naked

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

LongJohn69

When Dr. Phil visits she makes him get almost naked and wear that thing and a garter belt. Boots with spurs too. They hump into the night to the tune of "How Much is That Doggy in the Window"....woof, woof!

Seattlelite

Art is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. This thing is awful!

tobie

The dog on the left is a Labrador Retriever -- Gracie was (as said) a Golden Retriever....different dog, different fur.

stopthepresses

I think this is hilarious. I know Oprah didn't commission this - it's too close to reality. He's poking fun at her because everyone knows she thinks she's God. Didn't some crap come out about how she's related to African royalty or something? I would actually buy this, in miniature, because it would crack me up every day. The dog's (and I'm sorry about her dogs), do look like they're ready to cop a squat. Oprah is highly overrated. She was just in the right place at the right time.

scouser gal

good job she dont own a horse.lol...even a donkey........wot more do i need to say.....CRAZY TIMES WE:RE LIVIN IN!!!!!!

scouser gal

MRS O PREACHIN.............NO CHANGE THEN LOL..............YAP...YAP.......I WON SPECIAL PASS BUT DO I PREACH ..............NOOOOO WAY......SOME CRAZY PERSON WOULD MUGG ME AND USE IT THEMSELVES......SILENCE IS GOLDEN MISS O......SORRY I ADRESED YOU AS A MRS......

Completely In Awe

I am in awe as to what some people will come up with. This piece is ridiculous! I wouldn't call this art.

Dorienne

This is the last time i will read your site. I rareIy take offense at stabs at humor that faII fIat, but this post was in such horrendous bad taste that it turned my stomach. I am an aImost daiIy reader that wiII never read your site again, and furthermore wiII use every opportunity I get to spread the word of your use of crude and crueI "humor", or Iack thereof. You reaIIy are hacks, and now you are "dead bitches" to me as weII.

busted Brad

3. i cant stand opraha and you might ask why,she always helps the black folks but never helps the navo indians "the real native americans"..oh yeah i cant stand obama 08 either...

Posted at 6:39PM on May 14th 2008 by VAN HALEN OU812

Why Does Oprah owe anyone anything? Why say she helps blacks and not "Navo" spelled like you did? She helps many and yes she could help more as I see it, but It is not my place to judge what she does with the money she earned... She has more then most people could spend in thier lifetimes. Why do you want a hand out? go get a job...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6