Yep,

I'm Getting Married

5/15/2008 11:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Well, she's gone and done it. Ellen's gonna get hitched.

A spy in the audience of this afternoon's taping of the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" tells us that after Ellen mentioned today's California Supreme Court ruling striking down the state's ban on gay marriage, she surprised everyone and announced that she was going to tie the knot with longtime girlfriend, actress Portia de Rossi.

Portia was in the crowd and after she made the announcement, the studio audience went wild, giving the two a huge standing O.

The show will air tomorrow.

Kelli

noiselug. gay are legal consenting adults. They pay taxes, can fight in the military, and it is not the same as kids getting married. Whethere or not anyone believes it is right, it is not right for anyone to judge. Just something for you to think about.

hello, it

How sad that there are still people that have a problem with this. When will this type of thinking end? Be happy for them. Loving someone enough to want to spend the rest of your life with them is NEVER wrong.

hello, it

45. The Bible tells of queers, lesbians and gays in Romans 1. They will meet their maker one day and God will send them to Hell for the first death and then toss them and the devil into the lake of burning fire for their second death for their eternity. This is the worst sin of all. Rot in Hell you queers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted at 1:07AM on May 16th 2008 by CTS

Isn't God supposed to LOVE the people? If this is your God, you can have him.

frogs and gravel

Kelli, I appreciate your point of view. I think my main point is that
things that seem great at the time lead to things that are not so great
down the road.

frogs and gravel

In the State of Kansas up until several years ago a 12 year old girl could
LEGALLY marry a 45 year old man if the girls parents approved. This has
nothing to do with the slipper slope concept but it is unusual.

Kelli

My spelling? haha! noiselug, I get your point, but there are so many important things for people to judge and worry about. My Dad was diagnosed with Leukemia this week, it has spread to his lungs and they are operating today to remove a golf ball size tumor from his lung. I am writing this so anyone that reads it might say a prayer for my family. God Bless...

aussie girl

Congrats to them both as long as they are happy who cares.

sandy

CONGRATS to you Ellen,, I am an avid fan and watch the days I am off,, YOU deserve much happiness as you have brought such joy to others and you have the gift to make people happy when they are in the dumps... It is my dream to see you in person and will do just that SOMEDAY,, again GOD BLESS and you are the best.. YOU and your lady love. BE HAPPY.. wished I could have been your phone friend ,, love that part of your show and she was SO right THAT DARN PLANT so distracting...

InternetGuy

I hope both Ellen and Portia aren't waiting on a wedding gift from Reverend Fred Phelps. :)

JJ

WHO CARES?
IF THEY'RE HAPPY GOD BLESS THEM BUT TO KEEP THROWING THIS UP IN THE MEDIA WRECKS THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF BEING "EQUAL". JUST DO IT AND SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR LIVES!

carol

Where is the Bible does it say Gay Relationships including marraige are OK? I must have missed reading that section. I have to go back and reread I guess. What passage is that again?

mia

good luck and the best of luck to you. I can't wait to get married myself to a long time partner,just waiting for new york to pass the bill. ladyshaft

j

that's terrific!!!!

TAS

Please do not encourage this pair of crackpots. Ellen looks like Owen Wilson anyway so it will look like Portia is marrying Owen....and besides that, who cares.

yer mom's soo effin hot!!

oh geez. how are we gonna explain this to our kids??!!??