Kanye Controls His Mom's Benjamins

5/29/2008 3:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kanye West now has the control over his late mother Donda's scratch, and can spend it where he sees fit.

TMZ was in an LA court this morning where a judge granted a petition to make Kanye and Shawn Gee (West's money guy) co-executors of Donda's estate. Which means they now control her cash, which it turns out, is less than $250,000.

Donda died without a will.

cw

11 & 12 - if you really don't want to speak ill of the dead, then DON'T!! please show some respect!!

nataliec

Thats all she was worth...well its nice to know that I have more money than some of these Stars Parents.........If that was my mom...she would have been living the high life and not going to some lying plastic surgeon! one of my homes is worth more than Kanye moms whole estate! that is a shame!

cw

lou - kanye loved his mom and i'm sure he took great care of her. unfortunately, the decision to go to that particular plastic surgeon was her idea not his. it not all about the money you know.

GypsyLaura

She was such an upbeat and beautiful person. She and her son had a special bond.
Unfortunately, Hollywood will beat up your self-esteem. Look at the heart not the outside.

hayley

HELLO !DO YOU KNOW HOW PATHETIC YOU SOUND CUTTING DOWN SOMEONE THAT HAS PASSED? YOU'VE GOTTA HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO. u WOULDN'T LIKE IT IF IT WAS YOUR MOTHER BEING LAUGHED POSTMORBID.GET A F***** LIFE. MIKE HUNT GETA REAL LIFE. COME OUT OF THE CLOSET YOU GEEK

hayley

Rude comments regarding someone's mother pure evil here. Have some morals and cut it out. FREAKS!

sexyback

this is really sad. if its true its sad that a Phd did not hava a significant savings, especially considering the fact that she was approaching retirement age. and as the mother of one of the most successful producers/rappers in the game you'd think she'd have more cheese than this. and worst of all- having no will? wasn't she the HEAD of the English department at the university of chicago, and she didn't have a will? i don't understand this. its a sad day for my race right here.

Carol Allaire

You know, that being a woman. we want to make ourselves better looking, not 100%, but maybe a body that we had when we were younger. I can remember when I was 15, I was still wearing young girls undershirts. My cousin who was just as old as I was, said I need to wear a bra. Now what would that do me, if I had nothing. I did get my first Beggining Bra, and God, I grew overnight. I know different parts of your body develop in times & shapes when appropriate.The only thing I have done was have tattoos on my upper arms, and that is of C'eline Dion. I will never regret that, because she is my #1 Best friend. I have her with me all the time, and I will be getting 2 more. I will always Love & deeply adore this woman. She is a strength to my soul, and she helps me always. Donde had an operation, that should not have put her in grave danger. Sometimes things are left out, and then the trouble starts. I know what losong a Mother is like, and I empathize with her son. Many people go through Cosmetic & Body surgery, and everything works out well. Could be God, that thought differently.

Cheryl

RIP REST IN PEACE DONDA (KAYNE WEST MOTHER) YOU PEOPLE WHO LEAVE STUPID COMMENTS ARE JUST SAD BECAUSE YOUR LIVES ARE MISARABLE..... IT SADDENS ME , TO SEE ANYONE IN PAIN "BECAUSE THEIR MOTHER PASSED AWAY" ESPECIALLY: FROM A DOCTOR WHO WAS ON THE OPRAH WINFREY SHOW- SHE PROBABLT HAD SO MUCH TRUST FOR OPRAH THAT SHE THOUGHT THIS DOCTOR WAS GOOD... & HE'S NOT! I DONT TRUST ANYONE THAT OPRAH DOES, JUST LOOK AT OBAMA & HIS FRIENDS, TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE.... KAYNE WEST SHOULD SUE THE DOCTOR & OPRAH & ABC OR NBC (WHATEVER STATION AIRS OPRAH).... MY PRAYERS ARE FOR KAYNE WEST "HIS MOTHER DID NOT HAVE TO DIE SO YOUNG! GOD BLESS YOU KAYNE & BE STRONG.. THE LORD WILL GUIDE YOU...

James in Milwaukee

I don't think this qualifies as news, not even as gossip. It's almost tacky.

shirliana

IT IS *************** SO NORMAL ************** THAT WHEN HIS MOTHER DIED OF COMPLICATIONS , HE HAS **EVERY RIGHT*** TO HER ASSETS... KNOWING KENYE, HE WILL KNOW HOW TO SPEND IT,.. HE HAS SO MUCH MONEY THAT HE REALLY WOULD NOT DO ANYTHING STUPID ............HE IS A VERY INTELLIGENT MEN....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2