Shia Raises Rainbow Flag of Surrender

6/11/2008 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Shia LeBeoufShia LeBeouf has removed his foot from his mouth long enough to say he's "embarrassed" for using a homophobic slur. Paging Isaiah Washington!

The 22-year-old spoke out about the YouTube video featuring him begging to get slapped -- but not before he calls his friend a "faggot."

His rep says the video is old, adding that Shia "is very embarrassed that this footage is being seen by anyone." He should be.

loveyaringo

The video is old. His immaturity was showing, so leave him alone.
FIRST.

pslove4484

Ya know something. Why should he have to apologize? I have several gay friends. Male and Female and they all agree with me. What teenager hasn't used that term when talking with their friends, drunk or sober. And if you watch the video he didn't say it to provoke his friend in the context that you guys are making it out to be. He was drunk. So freaking what. The, ahem, gentleman, and I use the term lightly, that wrote the blog bashing Shia used way more offensive terms as far as I'm concerned. I frankly am so damn tired of all the advocacy groups, whether it has to do with race, religion or sexual preferences throwing a tizzy fit everytime someone opens their mouths. Words are just words. It's time to grow the hell up people!! It seemas to me that the only time people get up in arms is when it is a celebrity. There are much bigger problems in this world than Shia Labeouf saying f****t. Leave the poor boy alone.

Josh

Who cares? He is still very sexy and hot. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he comes out of the closet because of this. You know all them gays guys like him. He's really kind in person and has this presence about him thats hot. I really like him and just cinsider this a "teenage mistake". We all were teens once and we all used this slur before. All the media is doing is blowing this way out of proportion. Don't TMZ think this has gone a little to the "EXTREME"? Leave the hollywood stud alone please!!!!!

jb

HOW IRONIC, I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE WAS GAY. SO PRETTY, SLENDER, KINDA FEM. OH WELL.

rachel

That is soooo gay.

And

I thought he was already gay for sure, Just a matter of time til he's outed by perez

rachel

There is NOOOO way he is straight
He sets off all gaydar alarms like WW3

rachel

I'd do him. yummy yummy screw

Jackiemichele

Oh Lord...who cares??? He's legal...I'd still do him...

Desiree

Cry me a freakin' river. I'm really tired of everyone making a big deal out of all these slurs and crap. It's getting to be ridiculous. Everyone needs to calm down and quit getting offended so easily. Grow some balls or this world is going to be sooooo boring not to mention you pretty much won't be able to speak b/c someone might get offended. It's all a crock. Call me whatever the hell you want to, I'm not going to get some group to sue your ass for "offending" me. Seriously, get over yourselves.

bearie04

i dont think every celeb should have to apologize for what they say..they are human too and things are said and why cant we say whatever we want anymore..im tired of gays and blacks always getin apologizes but straights and whites dont ask for anything thats because we all know thats its just fun...take a joke or just mind your own business unless someone is saying something directly to you and its offensive then let it go...

Just sayin'

Who gives a sh*t what he says? I'm sick of people getting pissed off at anything concerning gays, blacks or jews. If he had put down christians or the president nobody would give a rats @ss.

It's BS!

He's HOT!

And anyone who is pissed can kiss my behind!

becca

I love Shia. He did the right thing!

He's really sexy. and talented.

ShiaFan143

Are you kidding me? Shia is the farthest thing from gay!!!... Grow up people. It doesn't say much about you for writing stuff like that.

Happy 22nd Birthday Shia!

That video was pulled from YouTube…I’d do the same TMZ! Otherwise, I hope you get bitch slapped!

Teisho

Hollywood trash .... ( another one )

Daniel

Oh, lay off for chrissakes. This is hardly scandalous, just like his two other "scandals" that are listed. I'm gay, and while I encourage my teenage friends to use better diction, the f----- bomb is inevitable when teenage males are playing around.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments