Crazy Jay-Z Suit Demands Serious Hush Money

6/12/2008 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jigga what? A guy wants $88 million bucks out of Jay-Z not for a lyric he jacked, or a sample he stole -- but for stealing that ultra-exclusive technique of ... rapping in a low whisper.

We're not kidding: Mitchell Rose, who tells us he's a boxer/lawyer/rapper, has filed suit in Brooklyn alleging that he created the technique of "whisper rapping." Rose says that Hova subsequently adopted the technique without properly crediting him -- and now he wants to get paid!

The same Mitchell Rose once wrote a book called "Mike Tyson Tried to Kill My Daddy." Jay-Z's rep didn't return our call for comment.

mimerz

didn't the ying-yang twins or someone have a whisper song already

That is NASTY

SOUNDS LIKE THIS DUMB AS BI-POLAR LIKE TWITNEY SPEARS

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

THIS LAWYER SHOULD OF PATENT IT ............."WHISPER"

andy

stupid as hell he just wants the money

hot snot

oh my god...SHUT up. how retarded. get a life. he read the Forbes list yesterday...filed suit today

Bill

People will sue these days over anything.
It's "Show Business"

anthonysdreamgirl**

Jigga who??

veisner

Trust me, I've heard the whisper rapping and it is NOT worth $88mil. I read about Jay-Z at celebrityprayerlist.com too.

ME

N...G...A PLEAZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEE

d

No! You all gotta back off here! I feel his PAIN!!! I came up with the loud shout type of talk and it was stolen!!! Stolen by deaf people all around the globe! I haven't seen one red CENT for this LOUD SHOUT talk at all!. All kinds of latins and arabs use it in their videos all the time AND I GET NOTHING! 88 million is chump change for him loosing his whisper rap. Just like diddy! He OWNED the rights to the word DADDY! I tell my girl "yo, you can't call me daddy no more cause I ain't even on with paying Diddy for that shiznit". Make him like a prostitiute you know? I got too much respet for that man to do that.

Oh, and I must really be reading this too much cause... Iowa girl, really? "oh my gosh"? Oh my gosh, jenny, look at her butt. Great now they gonna sue me too!

frogs and gravel

Shouldn't all rappers pay homage and royalties to Dr. Seuss and his family? Take his "lyrics" from the
book Green Eggs and Ham. "I will not eat them in a box I will not eat them with a fox, Sam I am."
Now, compare these to rap lyrics such as " Yo, ho I have a gun, you had better run, no bi*ch that ain't my son."
Start writing the checks, Snoop, Diddy, Queen L. and the rest.

Marie

Hahahahaha!!! That is soooo true!!! Good Point!!!!

The real story!

Why sue Jay-Z? The Yin Yang Twins did the whisper song.

OMG

WTF , people will sue for money for anything ,,
who gives a crap , alot of artists sound alike ,, like country geez they all sing sound alike ,,try heavy metal ...
wtf get a real job stop that stupid suing over nothing , besides you probley sound like sh*it
everyone wants free money i swear , go work for it ..

OMG

Mitchell Rose, who tells us he's a boxer/lawyer/rapper this is rose quote ,, theres noway that a-hole is a lawyer and passed the bar ,
he sure has gotten alot KO, hit in head to state that .
no way ,, if he was a lawyer he would know this case is pure garbage ,,
go back to boxing seems like you need more brain damage and KOs...

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments