Thank God!

Bynum Officially

Divorces Hubby

6/20/2008 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TV preacher Juanita Bynum is now officially divorced from the man who beat her up last year.

Bynum and Thomas Weeks ended their nearly six-year marriage Friday, after a tense hearing in divorce court. The proceedings were stopped at one point when Bynum admitted the two had sex after their separation.

Bynum filed for divorce last September, just one month after Weeks smacked her down in an Atlanta hotel parking lot. Weeks pled guilty to assault and is serving three years' probation.

In their settlement, Weeks has been ordered to immediately return several household items -- including artwork and silverware -- to Bynum, and she's agreed to pay $40k of Weeks' attorney fees. He also gets to keep his 2004 Land Rover. Neither side gets alimony.

The two were married in an over the top ceremony in 2002, and have toured the country lecturing on love and relationships. Bynum is the leader of a huge ministry and has sold thousands of motivational books and tapes. Bishop Weeks, co-wrote "Teach Me How to Love: The Beginnings" with Bynum.

Click to view photos!

yes ok

OMG 1ST!!!

Local Reporter

Reminds me a lot of the hypocrisies with Star Jone and Al Reynolds taking that whole "we are gonna make it last" therapy a few years back.

I think that Dave Chapelle had it right when he did the crack heads will stay together forever skit. I mean Whitney and Bobbie made it last a while right - and they had crack on their side.

Drugs are better than spiritual guidance folks.

lefty1222

Great! Now they can both move on with life. Hopefully, they have learned a lesson and we can now stop hearing about the drama.

Renonta Mason

I really enjoy Ms. Bynum music and tapes. I was introduced to her tapes back in 2005 and they truly help save my life. So. I wish her nothing but the best and believe that things in her life will go on as God planned.

just wondering

nice lip liner.

Ally

Now, now people....I doubt she had any reason to assume her husband would turn out to be a 'beater' and it can't be expected that she continue to live in an environment that is unsafe. That's a far cry from the typical "I just don't like my husbad/wife anymore" scenario...... I wish her the best and she should hold her head up high for having the confidence to protect herself from an unsafe situation.

tracey

LOSERS!

monique

I'm disgusted with Juanita Bynum and the fact that she had her former husband are habitual liars and false prophets. They have misled a lot of people and lived a lie while promoting a book about "Teach Me How To Love You." Damm that.

crahazy

Maybe he beat her cuz she's a trannie. Nice eyeliner on the lips dude!

Liz

Hopefully she has divorced the brown lip liner and "pink" lipstick too! Damn!

Amazing

Um yes eyeliner goes on the eyes not the lips...

Rocket

I hear she's gonna be filming a role for ABC Family's "Lincoln heights" show next week. Don't that beat all.

LR

wtf is up with her makeup???????????????? Why is it all these bible thumpers have all this damn makeup on looking like complete fools. and all this weave, looking an absolute mess. I feel sorry for her. She needs help and for all of us to pray for her sorry ass. Her husband is a total loser. LOSER LOSER LOSER.. he is an abomination.. cheating, beating and lying.. HE IS GOING TO HELL

AV

OMG! Last! Ok, I was flippin' though the channels one night and this lady was on TBN (with the lady that looks like a tranny barbie doll with purple hair) and she was calling herself a prophet and telling people their future (in a godly way of course, hence the name prophet). Now, tell me, if she's a prophet and "god" allows her to see into the future and decern people's "spirits" how the hell did she miss this one?! I know, because the bitch is a false prophet like all of them!!! Moreover, she should have seen the negative comments coming about the lip liner. It's SOOOO Chola!

Edumacated

I have never heard this woman's sermons, nor do I have any idea who she is. But I beg of someone, anyone, to please explain the pink and brown lipstick. That is just plain distracting.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments