Violent Surfers Shred Paps Over McConaughey

6/22/2008 1:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A group of surfers just got gnarly on a group of paps -- all over photos of beach king Matthew McConaughey!

Around 12 photographers were on the beach in Malibu Saturday afternoon trying to get shots of Matty hitting the surf, when an all-out smackdown was laid on the pappers by turf-protecting surfers.

One pap was hit in the face and we're told suffered a broken nose, while another was thrown into some rocks and had his camera smashed. McConaughey was not involved in the ruckus.

Police tell us a battery report was filed by one photographer but no arrests have been made.

A rep for Matthew has yet to get back to us.

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35

rahsue

well in that video I saw the photographer do the hitting with what looked like a tripod.

Go surfer dudes... I hate "pappers" we really don't need to know everything ya know.

Not a fan

DON'T LIKE VIOLENCE, BUT TMZ AND THEIR ILK INVITE THIS RESPONSE. TMZ AND THE PAPS HAVE LITTLE RESPECT FOR THEIR TARGETS PRIVACY. THE PAPS CLEARLY ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINCESS DIANA's DEATH BY FORCING AN INEBRIATED DRIVER TO CRASH IN THE TUNNEL.

IT WOULD BE A PLEASURE TO SEE THE MORTALITY RATE FOR PAPS INCREASED TEN-FOLD. THEN THEY CAN CALL IT A REAL CAREER. RIGHT NOW, I JUST CALL THEIR WORK "LEECHES, Inc."

TMoney

The paps get what they deserve. I wish I was there. I would 've helped the surfer dudes with the smackdown.

Sodapop

I think it's great that they ran off those bloodsuckers, but I feel bad for Matthew because I'm sure he didnt want anyone getting hurt over him. Poor guy was just trying to enjoy the beach and surf. I totally understand that being a celebrity sorta means being stalked by Paparazzi, but when a surfer that is 4 times bigger than you orders you to leave and you refuse...well thats just asking for trouble. *But boy do i wish i was out in the surf with McConaughey* haha.

Dr. Shill

If they wanna kick anyone off there beach, they should start with that poser kook McCon. That guy is the biggest joke I have ever seen and can't even ride.

next president

LOOKS LIKE A LOT OF DRUNK THUGS HATE TO SEE WHAT THE COMMENTS WOULD BE LIKE IF THEY WERE SOMETHING OTHER THEN WHITES WONDER HOW MANY SURF WILL GET ARREST OH RIGHT THERE WHITE NONE

Elnegro

LOCALS ONLY!!!

Jesse

Most comments I'm seeing are anti-paparazzi, which I find ironic given that this is a paparazzi website. Do you really think you're hurting TMZ by coming on here and bashing them? All TMZ cares about is how many hits this site is getting. So by coming on and watching this, you are actually helping employ the very same paparazzi you all seem to hate so much.

S

This is ridiculous and for all you people laughing and talking about that's what they get is IGNORANT. I don't like how the paps are either but VIOLENCE NEVER solves anything. And the A$$HOLE who smacked the pap 1st is talking about it's kids around and haul off and smack the dude, I hope they catch him and give him at least 6 mos for assault and battery. You all who are rooting the surfers on are the same ones who make it possible for TMZ thrive. You look at everything they put on this website. HYPOCRITS!!!

GOPAPS

OK we pay big bucks at the box office and stars become millionaires . That's not enough.for them Now they want to own the beach. Stars know what they're getting into when they decide to go into show business. If they can't take the heat, they should stay out of the kitchen and the movie business. The paparazzi have every right to take photos in public areas and those thugs who assaulted them should go to jail! I can't stand overopaid selfish movie stars anymore. Thier movies even suck now!

Mamanita

I think paps take things a little too far....I know by being a celeb you have to give up a huge part of your privacy, but come on though....... Thats a little to much for anyone to not have ANY privacy. There need to be laws on paps stalking because truely, thats what it is! Give them a break! Id bash them too!!!

Anon

Hey, the surfer in the green shorts is Skylar Peak. Peak was recently elected w/a landslide vote to the Malibu City Council... if you're white, wealthy, and live in Malibu you can do anything!

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35