« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Sheriff to Shaq: Gimme That Badge Back!

6/24/2008 5:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona thinks Shaq-Fu better shut up! And now he's pulled the NBA baller's special deputy's badge because of his rapping rant against Kobe Bryant.

Last January, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio made the Phoenix Suns star a special deputy, and then promoted him to a ceremonious colonel earlier this month. "I want his two badges back," Arpaio told the AP, "Because if any one of my deputies did something like this, they're fired. I don't condone this type of racial conduct."

Arpaio, known as "America's Toughest Sheriff," is best known for forcing inmates to wear pink undies and work on a chain gang.

O'Neal also served as a reserve officer with Miami Beach PD while playing for the Miami Heat.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

SMILES SR.

GIVE IT UP SHAQ!! LAKERS FO LIFE BABY!!

Liz

To "ear" pink undies..........TMZ, please hire a copy editor or someone over the age of 12!

bubblegurl

HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED! DOUCHE!

GUILLERMO

AS A RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT PESON, I AM GLAD TO SEE THE SHERIFF TAKE A STAND AND REQUES SHAQ TO TURN IN THOISE BADGES HE DOES NOT DESERVE. HE DISRESPECTED ANOTHER HUMAN BEING IN PUBLIC, AND ACTED AS AN ADOLESCENT. WHAT A SHAME FOR SOMEONE WHO TAKES A LOT OF MONEY FROM PEOPLE WHO ATTEND HIS GAMES AND PAY HIS SALARY

A Nagai

Shaq was right! The Lakers just can't win without da big daddy!!!

Kat

WTF is that sheriff talking about "I don't condone this type of racial conduct." Number one, they are both of the same race, and number two, HE DIDN'T even say anything racial!!!!!!!!!! So what... so he said that Kobe can't hang w/out him (or something like that) and asks how his a$$ tastes. BIG FRIGGIN DEAL. They are rivals... that's what rivals do, they taunt each other! I don't understand why some people have to bring race into every single issue. (I'm not biased here... I don't even love basketball... I'm not defending either parties (Kobe or Shaq) I'm merely stating that that ignorant sheriff is trying to spout "racial conduct" when he's the only dip $h** that brought race into it!)

Markus

WTF? How is this racial conduct exactly?

gorefest

me to the sheriff BRING BACK JAILCAM

ThirstyThursday

Shaq will become a great sheriff when his basketball career is over, I would LOVE to see him become Orange County Sherrif in Orlando.

Ms. Krazy

JUST ANUTHA ONE OF SHERIFF B!TCH AZZ ARPAIO'S PUBLICITY STUNTZ! HE LUVZ DA ATTENTION AND DA MEDIA LUVS TO GIVE IT TO HIM! HE'S A FREAKIN RACIST HIS DAAAAM SELF!

nacho

I LOVE Sheriff Joe! HE Rocks!!!!! the prisoners complained about no cable TV so they now have cable TV - Disney and the weather chanel so they will know how hot it is going to be while they are working! He provides them with 3 meals a day - granted it is bologna sandwhiches for each meal, but hey - some people don't have any food at all to eat... his response, if they prisoners don't like it - THEN DON'T COME BACK....You gotta love that response. and it was Shaq's behavior in general that got him in deep doo doo with Sheriff Joe.
He does not tolerate any of that crap.

Sensitivity Trainer

Way to go, Joe! No double-standard with him. The Sheriff did the right thing. If it had been a White deputy, the usual suspects (Sharpton & Jackson) would be out for blood.

I want an apology from Shaq for using the racial epithet 'White Boy.'

gng1959

Kobe deserves alot worse. If you F#*kup and get caught you don't pull someone else down with you because they may have gotten away with it, TAKE IT LIKE A MAN, whatever the punishment. (Don't turn into a BEEEYACHHH. Shaq did go abit far but anger has away of offsetting rational thinking sometimes. But I had a good laugh!!!!!!

THEMOMMA

ARPAIO CAN DO NO WRONG IN MY BOOK ........... HE ROCKS WHEN IT COMES TO TAKIN' CARE OF BUSINESS WITH INMATES !!!!

Dave

"it's like a whiteboy being more NI**ER than me" that's a little racial

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments