Jamie Lynn to Mom: Help Me With My Baby!

6/26/2008 12:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jamie Lynn Spears may not need a conservatorship (yet), but the new mom still wants her parents to help with her baby.

TMZ spies tell us ever since the unwed teen mother gave birth last week, she's been staying at mom Lynne's Kentwood home -- which Britney paid for -- called Serenity. We're told even though JL and baby daddy Casey Aldridge bought a home in nearby Liberty, Miss., Jamie has decided to stay with Mama Spears because she's realized it ain't so easy raising a child ... especially, when you're still one yourself.

As far as Casey's living arrangements, we're told he goes back and forth between staying with Jamie Lynn and little Maddie Briann, and his folks' home. An adult mother's work is never done.

Twinker

I would worry more if Jamie Lynn didn't need her mom right now. C-sections require some major recovery time.

CANDACE

ABORTION IS MURDER IN MY OPINION. SOME OF YOU WILL SAY WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION OR BASH ME BUT I DONT CARE SO DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. I WAS 23, MARRIED, GRADUATED WITH A JOB WHEN I HAD MY DAUGHTER AND MY MOTHER STAYED WITH ME IN THE HOSPITAL DUE TO MY HUSBAND WORKING NIGHTS AND SHE WAS GOING TO STAY AT ,MY HOME FOR ABOUT A WEEK OR TWO BECAUSE OF MY HUSBANDS CRAZY WORK SHIFTS AND I HAD C SECTION. SHE DIDNT BECAUSE OF A FAMILY EMERGENCY IN LOUISIANA ANYWAY THERES NOTHING WRONOG WITH A NEW MOTHER WANTING HER MOTHER AROUND. I CAN UNDERSTAND BECAUSE SHES YOUNG BUT ANYONE WHOS NEVER RAISED A CHILD DOES NEED SOME KIND OF HELP. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT? NOTHING AND JUST BECAUSE SHE HAD A BABY THAT YOUNG DOESNT MEAN SHE WONT BE A GOOD MOTHER AND BE EDUCATED. MY LITTLE SISTER HAD A BABY AT 16. SHES NOW MARRIED. GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL IN NURSING SCHOOL AND IS A DAMN GOOD MOTHER SO WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR POINT

Sherry

wow everyone is being so rude? since when is it bad to get help from your mom after you've just had your first baby? i had my daughter when i was 21 and i was calling my mom day and night and she was over here a lot for the first couple of months. and to you #4.. how dare you say something like that? that was way out of line.

treetopflyn@gmail.com

Dear Candace,

YOUR MOM SHOULD HAVE ABORTED YOU, STOP WITH THE CAPS RETARD, NO ONE CARES.

Stephanie

A baby is hard no matter how old you are. It is exhausting and it does not men that you are a bad mother if you need a little help in the beginning!!! And by the way... I had my son when I was 16 and I did have some help from my mother but I did most everthing myself and he is now a happy healthy 4 year old!!! It can be done!!!!

KSasser

What's so wrong with that?My husband and I had people helping us for a little bit after I had my kids. You do need to heal afterwards, especially if you tore really bad or had to have a c-section. Jesus, give people a break. Sure she had her baby young and unwed, but when are people going to realize that's not taboo anymore? I wouldn't say I wouldn't be pissed if my daughter came home pregnant at 16, it's just not as big of a deal as it used to be. Leave the girl alone and let her do as she pleases

Cindyloo

I bet JL uses birth control from now on.

m dennings

Come on TMZ - why must you continue to stir the pot? I was so greatful to have my Mum be there for me when I had my little ones. Cooking, taking care of me, and the baby, helping me through my recovey and being not only my Mum but a friend to talk to and learn from. I was so thankful for the company. Why must TMZ insinuate the worst? Always looking to bring folks down. Ever thought mom Lynne wants her there, to take care of, enjoy those first fleeting yet precious times with a new baby?

CC

Congratulations Jamie Lynn and Casey! I am very happy for them.

As for Jamie Lynn getting some help from her mother SO WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Most new mothers get some kind of help. At least she's not so ignorant and egotistic to think she knows it all. It sounds like she's putting her baby first. She's going to be a good mom.

#3 you should shut up now.

CANDACE

The reason my comment was in all caps is because thats what it was set on for some paperwork I just finished with. There is a patient of the doctor I work for who needed something typed and they do not se that well. Your llittle comment about my mother should have aborted me doesnt hurt my feelings. Why even say that about people on here because it doesnt hurt their feelings at all. Its not like it scares people on the internet.

becky

are you all serious? you are obviously the ignorant ones in this situation. a young girl got herself into an unwanted situation, but rather than to do something for herself, she showed utter selflessness and had a child. now she is doing what is best for her daughter, and if that means sacrificing her career, public image, and her own youth, she's willing to do it! i had an accidental pregnancy at 23, and don't know where i would be without the help of my family, friends, and daughters father. because of them, i am now a 27-year-old college graduate who is able to offer a terrific life for my little girl! jamie lynn is a great example to young people who get themselves in situations like this. yes, it is not the ideal situation, but she is handling it with grace and poise, as is casey. i only hope that if this was to happen to my daughter, she would handle it the same, and wouldn't have to deal with all of the ignorant and mean people out in this world. if you feel that strongly, say a prayer to ask God to give them both strength. Also, say a prayer for the rest of the unwed or single mothers in the world (hollywood included).

msnurse

Well after reading someof these comments i realize how stupid ppl are... if you are a mother you need to remember how hard it is to adjust to motherhood and i for one have had plenty of help from my mom... not that i am a bad mother i think i am a great one... but sometimes help is needed with anything we do and before you all go and bash JL and her mom think about it and if you are not a mom well then you have no right to voice an opinion anyways . So before you say she needs education why dont you get some yourselves... If everyone would just support the other maybe the world wouldnt be so bad. Makes me ashamed my child will have to grow up with ppl that are so ignorant.

SylenntDreamz

PLEASE THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT AT ALL. I'M 28 AND DUE IN OCTOBER AND MY MOM IS COMING TO STAY WITH ME FOR A MONTH TO HELP ME WITH MY NEW BABY. I MEAN COME ON JAMIE IS ONLY 17. IF HER MOTHER WASN'T THERE THIS WOULD BE A STORY ABOUT HOW BAD LYNN IS AS A MOTHER WHO ISN'T HELPING HER DAUGHTER. TMZ STOP IT ALREADY!!!

Carolyn A-B

How is this an "exclusive"? JL is doing the smart thing here. She'll need lots of extra help. Any word on whether she's returning to high school or earning her ged?

Amazing T!

It's almost impossible to care for a newborn child yourself, especially after a C-section. Her age, marital status and the fact that her family is in the public eye have no bearing on the situation. A woman helping out with her new grandchild is not groundbreaking news, It happens in almost every household around the world.