Jamie Lynn to Mom: Help Me With My Baby!

6/26/2008 12:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jamie Lynn Spears may not need a conservatorship (yet), but the new mom still wants her parents to help with her baby.

TMZ spies tell us ever since the unwed teen mother gave birth last week, she's been staying at mom Lynne's Kentwood home -- which Britney paid for -- called Serenity. We're told even though JL and baby daddy Casey Aldridge bought a home in nearby Liberty, Miss., Jamie has decided to stay with Mama Spears because she's realized it ain't so easy raising a child ... especially, when you're still one yourself.

As far as Casey's living arrangements, we're told he goes back and forth between staying with Jamie Lynn and little Maddie Briann, and his folks' home. An adult mother's work is never done.

Danielle

give me a break.....all new mothers no matter what their age most likely want their own mother around for the first few days....i did and i was 25 when i had my son........not to mention the fact that the girl had a c-section which is not an easy recovery.......being a new mom is scary at any age.....leave this girl alone.....

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

hey Jamie , just give that little brat to your mom ; she done sucha good job with ya'll , and plus you and the other one are too old now . she needs a new ,youngun to pimp out.

Shelley

I don't see anything wrong with this. I had my first child at 27, and had a cesarean as well. I needed constant help for the first week for sure, and even after that my mom and mother in law came over to help in the late evenings when I couldn't get any sleep. Things were better with the second child. I think we should just mind our own business and let her figure it all out. She is not the first teenage mom ever, and I'm sure she'll be just fine in the long run, especially if she can ignore all this media scrutiny.

JAMIE

I am 32 and when I had all 5 of my kids my mom helped me. So what is the issue? Why because she is a celb then she should do it herself?? Come on people...

TMZ FAN

its sad ..

TMZ FAN

Can I borrow a cup of money? .. Thanks

Posting Again

All of you people dissing on Jamie Lynn SUCK!!! Go get your own life and stay out of hers. I was 19 when I had my son and guess what...I stayed at my parents house for two months. They were they for me and I appreciate it. Sometime it's nice to have family to be there for you when your a first time mom. Plus, having a baby does a toll on your body, this is natural no matter the age. I couldn't even get out of the hospital bed to go see my son or go to the bathroom, it was that bad and so it's nice to have some help in the beginning. That's called being there for eachother, her mom is the baby's grandma. So all you dissers...SHOVE IT!!!

Laura

Hey #4 why kill the baby its not the baby's fault.

Kate

It surprises me the hate for this young mother. Give her time. I wish I would have asked for the help of my mother with the birth of my first child. Granted I was much older than Jamie, but you are never ready for the first child. If she has the support, that's great.

Im just sayin'...

TO #8. she needs help because she is an INCOMPETENT MOTHER OF A BASTARD CHILD.
THIS IS PROOF THAT SHE DOESNT DESERVE TO BRING A KID INTO THE WORLD CAUSE SHE CANT TAKE CARE OF IT HERSELF
HOPING THAT JAMIE LYNN WILL REALIZE THAT SHE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HERSELF FOR HAVING SEX IRRESPONSIBLY AND NOW IS GONNA SUFFER THE REST OF HER LIFE

************************************************************************************************************************

How is a new mom needing help after surgery proof that she doestn deserve a kid?? What in the hell do you know about JL to assume she is an "incompetent" mother? And finally - she had a baby at 17 years old. If she waited 4 years until she was 21 to have the baby would she still "suffer the rest of her life"? Having a baby doesnt make you suffer the rest of your life, dumba$$. Youre a bitter moron who has some deep personal issues if you get this hateful over someone you dont even know.

tori

I know plenty of adult women who have their mothers stay with them after giving birth. Especially after your 1st & a c-section. Not only is it a huge help to the new mom, it is also a great bonding experience between baby & grandmother. I also know plenty who hire a baby nurse. So what? Get the help while you can!!

Khaj

Oh good lord, don't you guys know anyone who's ever had a first child or a child by c-section???

My mother was 40 and my grandparents stayed with us for like a week even though Dad was there as well as myself (15 at the time) to help out. Same deal one and a half years later with the other miracle baby.

I swear, you guys will trump anything up to look bad, won't you? It's one thing to put the "news" out there... it's another to make her look like a bad parent for needing / taking advantage of the available help. What next... reports every time that Grandma babysits with claims that she can't handle having a child? Well let me put that one to rest before you even get to it. My grandparents *loved* taking us all over to their place *every* chance they got. Heck, they even made up excuses to get us there... paid for our folks to go out to dinner.

Please... this isn't even celebrity gossip. And y'all knew that if she wasn't staying with Mom for a bit and daddy wasn't going back home now and then the stories would be...

"Jamie Lynn refuses Mom's help, shuts her out of baby's life"
and
"Unwed teens shack up to make like they're a *real* family before they're legal"

You guys need to check for imagination and intellect before you hire... seriously.

madashell

A new Baby is always overwhelming; sometimes a little help is good. My neighbor had a baby 6 months ago, and members of both sides of the family (her side and hubby’s) come to help out even now…And they are both in their thirties and former military!

In the olden days it was not uncommon for Mom and mom in-law to help out for a while.
I am unable to have children, but if I could I would welcome help from family!

Big Bear

Jamie you layed down and spread your legs and you got what you wanted. You got a bastard baby. Grow up and raise your little one!!!

Donna

Perhaps she is staying with her Mom because she had a C Section???