Kelsey Can't Stand the Heat -- Sued Over Kitchen

7/8/2008 9:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer is being sued by a company that installed his kitchen -- not once, not twice, but, we're told, three times.

In the suit, filed last week in L.A. County Superior Court, The Last Detail claims it did a ton of work for Kelsey and Camille but got stiffed to the tune of $148,135.52. Sounds like a lot of money -- even for Malibu -- except our spies say Kelsey and Camille kept changing their minds. She didn't like the color, he didn't like this and that ... blah, blah blah. Plus, they kept expanding the scope of work.

We're told they kept promising to pay and at one point the company was allegedly told they would pay when Kelsey was in a "good mood." Apparently, she has irritable bowels ... he's just irritable.

Grammer could not be reached for comment.

LauryT

As a 50% owner in a tiny handyman service/remodeling company, I can tell you both of us, and our crew work VERY hard for every dime we make. I'd have gone to court a long time ago for payment AND filed a lien against his house.

There's nothing worse than a client who constantly changes their mind about how they want things done, then they expect you to absorb the cost of their stupidity. Not only that, but there are a lot of homeowners out there who have NO CLUE how long things really take to get done, or how much the materials to do it cost. Especially in high end remodels like Kelsey's.

We require a contract, a hefty deposit for remodels AND progress payments along the way. This contractor might not have gotten into such a pickle if they'd enforced a contract and required change orders to be in writing.

Glisten Garbor

I know 3 seperate people that look very similar to Kelsey and they are jerks too..If he wants to revive his career..He needs to figure out a way to bring Frasier and the original cast back..That show with Patricia Heaton ( I hear she's not the friendliest celeb too) was terrible..

Glisten Garbor

She reminds me of Heather Mills..

Hel

is she picking her nose?

Karen H

I have spent time with Kelsey and Camille. I have never met a more sincere and humble celebrity. When I have been with them, he ALWAYS poses for a picture with fans , signs autograghs, and provides pleasant conversation with complete strangers. I have never seen him be rude to anyone, even when fans interupt his daily life, constantly, with his wife and children at a park, restaurant., airport, Hollywood Bowl, and even while driving a car.
In the Four Seasons in NY, when Bono rudely stopped taking photos with fans so he could enjoy his conversation with his guests, Kelsey let a non stop string of people sit at his table and take a photo with him, all night long, and ALWAYS was gracious.
No matter what city. state, or country I have been in with them, they have always been polite and humble with fans. I have seen people push Camille out of a photo, and she never says a word, never gets angry, she lets them take a phot with her Husband.
And just so you know, she does cook, and she is excellent. I have had many dinners at their house, when she has cooked in the "kitchen" and have been there for times when he has cooked, and times when it has been catered, and it was always delcious, too bad you weren't there....
We all have our issues and problems in life, I highly doubt this bill will go unpaid.

TheTruth

Kelsey has the money to pay and I am sure he would if the work was done correctly, how does anyone know whether or not this design firm did what they were aslked to do and/or knew what they were doing. I would not pay for work that was done improperly, until it was fixed. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and the truth will come out in court, let's see how the judge rules, before the public makes judgement.

mthomann

I have been designing kitchens, bathrooms, family rooms and entertainment centers for over 17 years. During this time, I have seen a growing emphasis on the role of the kitchen as the hub of the family and as the central gathering place for entertaining.

Prestige Kitchen & Bath Prestige Kitchen & Bath