« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cops Say Jackson Went On Rampage

7/15/2008 7:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former UFC light heavyweight champ Quinton "Rampage" Jackson got busted just minutes ago, and is currently in custody on the way to the clink -- but not before he was ordered to the ground, cops nearby with guns drawn.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Rampage was in a car crash near Newport Beach (that's near Laguna Beach in the O.C.) and then split the scene. Cops gave chase and eventually caught up and charged him with felony hit and run and felony evading arrest.

Here's the deal about the dumbest hit and run ever. Notice the truck he tried evading police in -- the one with the giant picture of him plastered on the side!

We're told there could be additional charges. No word yet on whether Rampage resisted arrest.

Bad week. He got his ass handed to him last week (courtesy of Forrest Griffin) and just got it handed to him again.

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

DaTruthMMA

i love how ppl put racist comments and dont put their real name. bunch of internet warriors.

Dana Whiteness

Losing to Forrest is one thing...man Rampage....you got dinged bad. I think the UFC could possibly wash their hands from this idiot for a while.....Im sure hell show up on Spike fighting a retard vs. retard mactch. Rampage vs. Jesse Taylor. Looks like he took a page out of jesses book.

joerock

THESE ARE NOT TMZ PICTURES THESE WERE POSTED ON SHERDOG. I AND PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE ON THERE HAS THE ORIGINALS WITH OUT THE WATER MARKS. DUMBASS TMZ STEALING PICTURES.

db cooper

TMZ STOLE THESE PHOTOS

Hmm

Yeah, I saw these on Sherdog too without the watermark.

P

write a better story, his ass didnt get handed to him in his fight it was a close decision and he basically got robbed, do you guys do any research before u write stories? whose the editor? oh ya you probably dont need a degree to join the staff here ok ya u suck

richard angelo

ratman;

who you eyeballing
and talking back to boy ?

Phil

I think it's really lame of TMZ to steal these pictures.

A poster on Sherdog.net broke this story, not TMZ.

Sorry.

Fred

Yeah! Good for you, stay with your own kind, not on my freeway. Don't make me put down this blow-up doll and jump through my PC monitor to teach you a lesson bucko! I may be a 98 pound scrawny white dude who's afraid of my own shadow in real-life, but on here I'm like the Highlander or Neo from the Matrix dude! Don't make me do it! Go ahead, and see if I don't unleash a fury of stale corny racist jokes on your behind!

totellthetruthiseverything

i live just down the block. all the streets are blocked off with police. i can't get to my house.
first Rodman, now Rampage...in trouble with the Newport police...can a 'brother' get a break in the OC???

Pete

This sucks

and good job stealing your photos from sherdog forums

Joanne

The OC?? The OC!!!! That's where I live!!! Yea, for the OC!!!!When I saw "Jackson", I thought, "Michael Jackson? No, I don't think so" "Jesse Jackson; umm, I don't know". But it is another Jackson... I don't even know who he is... I guess there is some Calif. justice....

Kobe

Other websites are reporting that TMZ stole these photos. Looks like the big news here is how TMZ obtained these photos and why apply the water mark.

titts and Ass

TMZ STOLE THE PICTURES !!! THAT BETTER NEWS..TONITE ON TMZ. TMZ STOLE SOME PICTURES AND SEE "RAMPAGE" GETTING ARRESTED TONIGHT AT 6:30 losers!!!!!

titts and Ass

TMZ STOLE THOSE PICTURES FROM Sherdog.net. They reported the new first then tmz had to jump in and cut and paste and little of Water mark to make it official. That is so sad...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments