Jasmine Guy: D is for Divorce, Not Dwaaaayne!

7/23/2008 2:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The hubby of "A Different World's" favorite southern belle has filed his response to her divorce filing. Paging Kadeem Hardison!

Jasmine Guy's soon-to-be ex Terrence Duckett filed the documents last Friday in L.A. County Superior Court in response to his estranged wife's original filing. These simple docs are a far cry from Whitley's first try at divorce. In those papers, filed in April, Guy listed two pages of things as her "separate property," including her wedding ring, paintings, sculptures, her BlackBerry, DVD players, pots, pans, and a toaster. Where's the kitchen sink? No word on why Duckett refiled the papers.

Duckett is seeking joint legal and physical custody of their nine-year-old daughter Imani.

that's all

first!

Liz

Black doesn't crack...............good grief, look at Jasmine's face! Wheww!

AK

Don't you think you should have blacked out the respondent's phone number at least?

that's all

Oh, right...black women age better............phhhhhht. They all think they can sing, too....haha

Carolyn A-B

I'm sorry that it's come to this.

TMZ, you have to do a better job redacting personal info.

Good luck, Jasmine. You brought a smile to my face many times. Keep on dancing.

HasBeens

that's all

5. Black does crack when it is mixed with other races. You people need to try and keep up. No news here.

Posted at 2:57PM on Jul 23rd 2008 by FYI

__________

Incorrect. Lena Horn, Halle Berry. (mixed white, black) It's all about genes and skin care.

SoRude

She looks like Paula Abdul to me. Thought she was at first

HasBeens

Halle has had some help. Lena Horne? Sorry, no competition. Genes help, but I still stand behind my first comment.

HasBeens

Incorrect. I forgot to say. As far as Halle goes, her skin is much darker than Jasmines. The darker the pigment in your skin, the more natural protection you have from the aging effects of the sun. It's not all about genes and skin care. Although a good sun block or umbrella might help.

Fred

Black pigment, white pigment.... And all this time I thought she looked that way due to the devastating effects of lupus and years of smoking.

Brenda R.

LOL@ some people making fun of the "black don't crack" line. I admit Jasmine isn't aging well at all, but lets also take into account that Jasmine Guy is HALF white, so make out of that what you will. Fact is that most black people do age very well, at least dark skinned and brown skinned ones do. Lighter ones like Jasmine? Not so much.

Anyway, hope everything works out for Ms. Guy with her divorce and everything. I heard she has an undisclosed illness (which could also explain why she is looking older), so I wish her the best.

Grammar Nazi

I love this woman's voice

Shani

Do you people realize that your making racist comments? Disgusting.

TCB

Yes you are INCORRECT "boo"and you should keep up. Lena Horne is not mixed with white, both her mother and father are African-Americans. Just thought I should school you.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments