L'Oreal/Beyonce

Whitewash

8/6/2008 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Unless she just got vitiligo -- L' Oreal has some serious splaining to do about its bleached out Beyonce ad!

0806_beyonce_side2side-1
The ad features a severely Photoshopped Beyonce -- almost unrecognizable. So the question ...

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34

Aija Darling

Ya all fuss about EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! Go find the Word of God and seek Him out, that's more important!!! "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned," (Matt. 12:36-37)

agnita

Shame on Beyonce conforming to the status quo, just for the dollar bill.

dancer225

I found it very displeasing and insulting.I am dark skinned and all of my life my lighter skinned sisters were treated better. Enough already !!!

Gee

Wow! Did everyone just started noticing that this has been happening in the magazine industry for years... or are we just ready to face off with the truth now?!?!

Duh!

LisaR

Since when is high fashion REAL anyway??? It is fantasy land with all the strange cloths, makeup and hair....I have photos that are all different shades of me, depending on the lighting and camera etc. But in the fashion world, they change everything about the model's looks especially in the glossies. My goodness, if Beyonce who is black was offended by it, we would have heard about it....why are we sooo offended by other's causes, when the person we think we are offending, isn't?? EXample, Christmas is now 'the holidays' muslims and the other religions were not so offended, we were...there is more Christmas in Iraq than in the west now....just another example of don't sweat the small stuff....one day you'll have a coranary....

Lila

People that get offended by this photo should get a mental treatment. Get a life and stop wasting your energy on trying to find negativity in every step.

stevie

Whats really the big deal!
Everyone want to scream rasism when really it's a personal choice of free visual expression!
Seriously let go of the crutch and enjoy life!!!!!!!!!!!

Cynthia Peterson

#67 Are you serious?!!! BOTH of Beyonces' parents are black!!!

dd

It is not Beyonce's fault that the cosmetics firm's marketing and fashion editor and photography team made the very stupid decision. I get what they are trying to represent metaphorically with the black face then white face as beauty is is universal. They should have tried that with more than one artists like a light skinned, dark skinned, mulatto, asian and white. peace

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

I didn't recognize her at first

don jackson MD

this is ludicrous... the 'allegedly' photoshopped picture looks exactly like Beyonce - or anyone in my own family - witout the benefit of a tan or bronzer. How racist of TMZ to not recognize that Black comes in ALL shades - from literally white skinned to dark. This must be some kind of joke, right?

TSA