Carey Hart's Brother Dies in Motocross Crash

8/10/2008 10:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Anthony Hart, Carey Hart's brother, died yesterday after wrecking his motorcycle at Stafford Motor Speedway in Connecticut.

Hart, 21, crashed during a practice session for the Doug Henry New England Grand Prix, which is part of the American Motorcyclist Association's XTRM Supermoto Championship series.

Anthony was critically injured when he lost control of his motorcycle and slammed into a wall. He was airlifted to Hartford Hospital where he later died.

Carey and Pink separated earlier this year.

Armadillo Skip

To the entire Hart Family: Our thoughts are with you in this hard time. Just saw you last week and the future looked so exciting. He'll be with us at our race!

Jenny pruski

That is so sad, life is not fair such a young man.

May

This is very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with Anthony's family.

Tmz- I'm not sure what Pink and Carey's divorce has to do with this young man's death, but it was extremely tacky to throw that in there.

JoJo

Most of you sound very young and inexperienced, but truly sorry this happened. As for 'no pity ', I feel sad for you, you must be a very angry person with not many people who care about you. To the Hart family, I am so sorry for you loss, please just know that Tony was doing what he loved, and no one is to blame, God Bless...

kat

My heart goes out to Carey and his family in their time of great loss. The family is in my prayers and I wish them my condoliences.

Bill Clinton

R.I.P

~K~

Godspeed Tony, truly tragic that you were just getting started and had so much potential, but God has a big racetrack, and you just got to the best Main Event of your life. From one racing family to another, our thoughts and prayers are with Carey and family....
and NoPity... you don't have to have pity, but compassion that someone died doing what they loved to do would be the human thing to do...

Marcy

My heart goes out to the hart's and the loved ones that loved Anthony. #15 your a little Bitch!!!

shelli Sweet

I have such a crush on Cary Hart. I have watched his show "inked" and think him and Pink made a perfect couple. I am so sad to hear about his brother. My husband races motorcycles and it is such a dangerous sport, but it is their passion. I hope Cary and his family know that he is in a better place. My prayers are with them. I hope I never have to go thru what they are going thru right now. I know every time my husband gets out there that this ia a possiblity but I just pray that he is safe. It is in Gods hands. Be strong Cary. I hope you give up that super Moto X !!! - my husband wants to do it this summer. I may not be so supportive after this! And as for him and Pink....I really hope its true that they are still the best of friends. They are so cute together. I don't know what went wrong but I wish they could work it out. He is a sweetie!

Sweeney'sMom

How horrible!!! My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Shawn

That's awful. Oh well. One less Xmas present to buy.

Steph

That's horrible, my heart goes out to the family. 21 is so young.

TMZ - was it really necessary to say something about their divorce, does it have ANYTHING to do with this story - no! And can't you find a better picture of the guy to post, this is in such poor taste, even for you lowlifes.

Kelly

This is really sad news.....my sympathy to the family. He was so young.

Rebecca

How very sad for the Hart family, but did you really have to put in the bit about his brother and Pink seperating? Doesn't really have anything to do with the tragedy.

Angel Leiferman

My condolences to Carey and his family. I actually met Carey the night before in Sturgis, SD at the Bike Rally. Nice guy. My son races motocross, and unfortunately, that is a risk that you take. A person's life is in danger the minute they wake up, but you still get out of bed!! Take care Hart family and friends..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments